Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a commuter and probably doing 2-4 track days in a year. What brake pads is good for me?

A guy told me that if I use the RJL pad it takes longer to heat up, which is not useful on the street. What do you think? Should I just stick to OEM? Please advise the confused mind. :tard:

Thanks,
Dreamzboy

·
Registered
842 Posts
In your case, I would go with the RL pads. They are cheaper than OEM pads and work alot better.

·
Registered
658 Posts
what if im street use??? never see a track day...which ones would you go with then?
the RL still???
sorry for the thread jack

·
Registered
842 Posts
I meant the JL's.

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
I would use the RJL's. I've used them on the street for a couple years now, on my wifes bike as well and on the track. They are a great pad and will serve you well. They also resist fade very well and work great at the track. They do not require any warm up time to work and are fine for the street as well. I don't have any experience with the JL's and don't know of anyone using the JL's on the track so I haven't heard how well they hold up to that kind of heat.

On Kurveygirl's website, she has a chart showing the warm up times and braking coefficient of all the Vesrah pads (except the JL).

http://kurveygirl.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=121

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I have never used vesrahs, but I have a buddy using RJLs on his street bike and has no problems at all. He loves them.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
HRC pads are nice... Me likey alot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts