Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im 20 and looking forward to gettin a streetbike which will most likely be a tribal 600RR. I have a few questions and i hope you can help me out.

1. If i get a ticket in my truck, will it raise the insurance of my bike?
2. I was looking at some textile air-flow pants made by alpine. Has anyone ever gone down in textile? Will it rip to shreds and leave my skin looking like fried bacon?
3. Will a dealership let me buy the bike if i only have my permit?
4. Can i get insured if i do not have a license yet?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
1. it will just raise your insurance if i'm not mistaken...across the board b/c it's associated with your DL number
2. i prefer leather. don't wanna risk it, but i went down in my textile and it held together ok. not great though
3. you can buy a bike without a permit in most places. i didn't have either my permit or my license
4. yes, you can

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
Your best bet is to have your licence beofre you look for a new bike. It is in your best interest to be licenced and fully insured on a new bike. Make sure you talk to you insurance company to make sure they will cover you from the dealership to them. The best theing you can do is make sure you have everything in good order before anything happens.

·
Registered
351 Posts
You don't really need to be insured right away. It is such a longer/painfull process. It is so much harder to look for insurance before hand unless you have your mind set on a bike.
There are tons of insurance companies out there for you to shop and tons of different bikes to buy. (but looks like you already have your mind set on the tribal:evil1::sad3::banghead::gay::gun1::gun1::supergay:)
Anyway you buy a bike. All the dealerships will trailer it right to your door free of charge. Then you stare at it as you are shopping around for best insurance and hopefully taking your safety course if you have never been on a bike before.The you hop on your bike and start of slowly and go from there.

Anyway as far as tickets/insurance in most states you have a free first violation. After that your insurance will go up no matter what you get the ticket on. Your bike,your truck, your mommas station wagon ect.

You can buy a bike without a license. The dealership couldcareless if you have one or not. They just wont let you test drive or drive off with it from there. And the insurance will insure you even if you do not have a motorcycle license.

As far as gear. I cannot help you there as i perfer to ride with my sandles on and shorts...sometimes i will put on a t-shirt but most of the time I am trying to get a nice tan.Oh yeah I do wear my gloves and glasses at all times tho. can't go with out those.

OK fine. full Leather suit is the beast way to go...+helmet,gloves

Anyway these answers are not in order as I was trying to remember what the questions were.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
If I'm not mistaken.. Honda Finance requires you to have full coverage insurance before you can leave with the bike.

·
Registered
351 Posts
hmm. I did not know that.You are speaking of that Honda Card Plan?? Most will just check up on you later. Or if you can't afford full coverage you can always find a bank that doesn't require you to have full coverage.

Anyway I'd never go with the Plan. Pay 40bux for 2 yrs. then **** all changes up on you or however it goes. If you are going to get a loan then get a loan from a bank for steady 4-6yrs and pay your payments. Or if you have the loot buy the bike cash.

·
Registered
254 Posts
CALIDUDE said:
If I'm not mistaken.. Honda Finance requires you to have full coverage insurance before you can leave with the bike.
This is correct. You have to get a full coverage insurance binder from your agent, and take it to the dealership before they'll finalize the paperwork and let you go with your bike. If you don't know this, it's extremely frustrating when all you want is your bike, and you have to drive 60 miles round trip in rush hour before you can have it :icon_lol:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Most, if not all places you use to finance the bike will require you to have full coverage. If your mind is set on a bike it's not a big deal at all. Just go to an agent, put some money down, and your insurance will probably be effective the next day. I had my permit when I bought the bike also, and it didn't change it at all.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Drew303 said:
actually, with the honda card, if its under $10,000 you dont need full coverage.
see I knew it was something like that.
Wasn't through Honda Card but..When my friend bought his 04RR, They got him a bank that didn't require full coverage if it was under 10k financing

·
Registered
116 Posts
if you finance through american honda financial, (not card) you need full coverage, when i bought my tribal i went to the dealership and callled my insurance company from there with the VIN, i paid half over the phone, a whole 152 dollars for full coverage up front, and they faxed some papers to my dealer, i signed the uninsured motorist stuff and faxed them back, then the ins co faxed back my new packet and they let me go from there, i didnt have either a liscense or permit so i had to trailer it home, personally i wear textile pants and jacket, but its like a one time use product but it doesnt bother me too much, not a big fan o leather, except for my gloves, i wear leather guantlet gloves at all times+ helmet and some sidi riding boots

1 - 11 of 11 Posts