Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed over the weekend that I was getting some vibration at very low speeds (1 to 5mph) when applying the front brakes very lightly on my 04. I could feel it all the way up the stem and into the bars. This only happen from time to time when I applied the front brakes very lightly coming to a stop and at no higher speeds.

Could anything be loose, problems with my pads or rotors? I have close to 8000 miles on her and have yet to replace the pads. I don’t race the bike or anything but do get on the front brakes hard from time to time.

Thanks.

Jason

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
i swear, chain tension affects how much the bike vibrates...
but maybe thats just me.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but this is something with the stem, rotors or brake pads.

Jason

·
19,904 Posts
its weird man, my bike i can feel the engine vibrate through the clip ons and rearsets sometimes, and other times, its as smooth as my girls tush.. so i dont know... i think the road, tire and chain tension affects the amount vibration felt.

Since u prolly havent ridden the RR in a while i wouldnt worry about it, unless your absolutely sure it happens everywhere.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you are saying but this is noticable. I can make it happen by applying the brakes lightly coming to a stop.

Jason

·
19,904 Posts
put some steel wool to the rotors, they prolly just have a lil residue build up.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have you checked your pads
I know they were good last inspection but maybe it's time. I'll have to try and get a good look at them tonight when I go home. I think I should be able to see them ok from just getting down there and looking at them, I mean that's all they do when they inspect the bike...

Jason

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
put some steel wool to the rotors, they prolly just have a lil residue build up.
I know the brakes do squeak a little from time to time but if I wipe them with a clean rag and water, it goes away. I did notice the other day when I was costing backwards on my bike out of my driveway that I could drag the front break and make them squeak. No vibration at that time though...

Jason

·
19,904 Posts
the kind of residue im talking about isnt gonna come off with a rag and water.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the kind of residue im talking about isnt gonna come off with a rag and water.
Ok... So just use steel wool then lightly over the entire surface of the rotor front and back of the rotor?

Jason

·
19,904 Posts
Ok... So just use steel wool then lightly over the entire surface of the rotor front and back of the rotor?

Jason
yep, get the built up brake compound off the rotor, kinda rebed the pads, may make a difference. if not, then, maybe u have bigger problems.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do I need to use anything liquid with the wool?

Jason

·
19,904 Posts
nope, just some good ole elbow grease.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
K

I will check the pads and clean it up tonight.

Thanks.

Jason

ps. If anyone else knows anything, please besure to post.

·
19,904 Posts
done know rude bwoy, mek mi know ow it go.

·
19,904 Posts
now now skeeter. The whole point of these board sis that similar problems are discussed and solved openly, for others with similar problems can search, reaad and find for themselves.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL...This whole thread could have been done through PM's...lol. I felt like I was reading a phone script
We planned it that way... How do you think we get a post count so high?

Right snik?

Jason

1 - 20 of 32 Posts