Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi was riding yesterday when all of a suden i felt my bike vibrating through my hands and feet. Could it be cct or something else. Just wondering did this hapen to the guys that have changed there cct? I dont think i can hear the ratling that you get from the cct but im a bit deaf and have a akra without the silencer so that may be it. I think its there throughout all the revs. Just feels like the hole bike is vibrating more then usuel any help please. Thanks forgot to add 7600 miles just serviced. Apart from vibration riding fine

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I decided to try and see wha the problem is. I walked with the bike and could here the front breaks touching the weels could this be it? Noise is metal sliding along metal

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
no, your brakes are not your issue, what you heard is normal, and is the result of semi floating rotors

vibration is normal on these bikes, esp with the higher revs, so your description is not making it clear if you are feeling something different, or if your body just realized it was being shaken at what ever frequency your motor was at ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reply its defo new to me just started hapning ive been riding it for 3-4 years

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Not sure...i have more of a buzzing then rattling sound. Trying to figure out if it's the TCC or valves. It happens around 4k-5.5k usually. Not sure if i feel vibrations

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dam not bar ends i was realy hoping it was gona be that simple. i feel its more at 5k revs im gona try and take it to the dealer today.thanks for the help and plse let me know if you think of anything else

·
Registered
374 Posts
As someone who has had similar issues, i may be able to help.

I was also hearing a vibrating/rattling sound around 5.5k-6.5k and it would go away if i revved higher. Found it to be the CCT. Try replacing that first, as it is a simple DIY fix.

I also noticed my right rear set started to vibrate more than usual (seperate occasion) and after adding some wheel weights to the back side of the rear set it diminished but never fully went away.

Now here is the instance that may cure your worries.....
My bike still vibrates around 3-6k but it doesnt happen consistently...and....i have a history of dropping drill bits and things inside my seat.

Took it to a dealership and the guy said nothing is wrong with my bike, and that likely something small is sitting near the motor or air box and vibrating at a certain RPM. He said it could be anything really (drill bit or otherwise, and near the motor or elsewhere), and that it is completely normal for these bikes to vibrate and make noises.

I hope this helps.

You might also clean and lube your chain. Sounds odd i know, but my chain buzzes sometimes when it is not properly lubed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for replys ive shown three guys they all say its fine.But to me its defo vibrating extra. Ive got r&g bar ends on there now and wana get the motovation ones but cant get tem here in the uk any idea were i can get them here or any one post them from he states.thanks

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
have any of your wheel weights fallen off, perhaps a wheel isn't balanced properly?

I changed my cct becuase of the buzzing noise at 5k rpm, it was driving me crazy, but I can't say the bike was vibrating because of it. If it's just suddenly happened like you said then what has changed since last week? have you hit any big potholes or changed something on the bike?

I agree with tenjin, (even though he's pointing a gun at me), these bikes do make buzzing noises & vibrate, but you're describing it as a definite change in the bikes characteristics

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got front wheel changed and balanced yesterday didnt make no diffrence.cheked all my weights thery are all there. I guess only time will will tell if its gets worse hopefully not

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
ok, have you checked your bearings? wheels, head bearings etc?

when was your fork oil changed?

all screws tight?

I'm just throwing possibilties out there BTW, I'm not a mechanic

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok i know its been a long time but i done my breaks put injector cleaner in and it seems fine now. I dont think its a case of me getting use to that extra vibration i honestly think its gone.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts