Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
do you not ahve the stock bar end weights? (big black pieces that go at the very end of the grips?)

if you do, its hard to improve on those ...

if vibrations are bothering you, lighten up your grip, and dont lean on your hands so much.

·
Registered
18 Posts
lool my hands go numb after about 30 mins of riding...my right hand excuse me lol

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
lool my hands go numb after about 30 mins of riding...my right hand excuse me lol
loosen your grip

i do hour + rides atleast once a week and nothing ....

·
Registered
444 Posts
I haven't had issues with the stock ones or my rizoma conical bar ends.. I would do what tenjin said, loosen up or try taking some weight off of them..

·
Registered
380 Posts
Myself and alot of other riders on here ride daily with woodcraft/vortex clip-ons and renthal grips .....so quit yer bitchin! But on a serious note all you can do is grip with your knees more (Stompgrips help) to take some pressure off of your hands. And the speed up, shake right hand quickly, get back on the throttle technique works wonders.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Myself and alot of other riders on here ride daily with woodcraft/vortex clip-ons and renthal grips .....so quit yer bitchin! But on a serious note all you can do is grip with your knees more (Stompgrips help) to take some pressure off of your hands. And the speed up, shake right hand quickly, get back on the throttle technique works wonders.

it does work, but you shouldn't need to do it if your posture is right

unless you are manhandling the bike, the only reason your hands are on the grip is to twist the throttle and apply clutch or brake, and MODERATE input for quick turning. they shouldn't be there to hold you up

·
Registered
673 Posts
Thicker grips will help, and if you don't have bar ends, look on ebay for weighted ones. I bought some $8 dollar heavy weights, look really nice, fit perfect and cut down on vibrations big time.

There are a ton of options on ebay, so just find one that has the look you want.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I have the stock ones on there, but was wondering if I should get heavier ones. What I got from of everyones comments was to loosen up on my grip, change my body posture/riding position, and grip with my knees. Gotcha Thx!!

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
do you not ahve the stock bar end weights? (big black pieces that go at the very end of the grips?)

if you do, its hard to improve on those ...

if vibrations are bothering you, lighten up your grip, and dont lean on your hands so much.
perfect answer! you gotta take the weight off your hands. im not one for working out lol. but work on your abs and lower back and it will really help. it will make riding much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same issue but just found out that the vibrations are coming from a slightly bent front rim that was not caught at the dealer after going down. Thought it was a tire issue but they rebalanced the front tire at the same dealership then the same issue was there. Took it to a guy doing changes in his garage with a no mar setup and he showed me within about 30 seconds that the rim was bent. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
If you are having problems gripping the tank well enough to keep weight off of the bars get some tank grips. Tech Specs and Stomp Grips are the two main ones.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
As above, and to answer your question, yes they do work - just don't expect all of the vibration to be gone, it is a motorcycle after all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts