Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I am sitting at a light at a four way intersection in town. I am in the left turning lane, and this guy in a big white ford is in the other left turning lane beside me to my right. The guy looks like he's ready to drag race or something, He kept creeping further and further and then he starts going left on red.
Keep in mind there is oncoming traffic. He causes two people to slam on their brakes and almost crash into each other. After the light turned green I pulled up beside him at the next light and told him how much of a dumba** he was for doing what he just did and that he almost caused a wreck. He completely ignores what I said and says to me "don't you know the law? Stay in your own f***ing lane!"
I live in california and it's legal to pull up beside a car at the front of a stop light as long as you are not on the center line (lane sharing). So I said to him "I know the law states that you cannot go left on red! Let alone you were at a four way intersection run by stop lights, not stop signs dumbsh**!"
I usually don't have a bad mouth, but this guy was really pissing me off and I had a terrible day already.
So after I said this to him, the light turns green and he totally cuts me off and tries forcing me into oncoming traffic. So of course my instincts told me to speed up or get smashed.
I'm pretty mad at myself cause I never got his license plate # and I forgot the marbles today! Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
just be careful, got some crazy people out there that do some stupid stuff over crap like this

·
Registered
577 Posts
DirteeJerzee said:
just be careful, got some crazy people out there that do some stupid stuff over crap like this
For reals. It only takes a second for the nut to bust out the Uzi over nothing.

Personally, I think legislators should create a law that would make it an automatic license suspension if citizens provided video proof or wreckless driving.

·
Registered
739 Posts
rendizzo said:
For reals. It only takes a second for the nut to bust out the Uzi over nothing.

Personally, I think legislators should create a law that would make it an automatic license suspension if citizens provided video proof or wreckless driving.
The problem with that is that if someone was to get anyone of us on tape bringing it up on one, or going 20+ over the speed limit then we would get a licence suspension, as both of those are wreckless driving

·
Registered
383 Posts
Reminds of my trip work a few days ago ago. This guy in BMW X5 fully comes over into my lane while I'm passing him. I'm sitting right beside this guy and he still pretends he doesn't see me after I'm honking the horn and revving the engine.

I knocked on his window and proceed to curse him out (in my helmet of coruse he can't hear me......I just lost it). I gives me the finger and tries to hit me.

I shouldn't have done it and I know I need to have a cooler head but i dropped back then sped past him and punched his mirror. Immature, stupid, needless......It was all of that but I couldn't believe after almost running me over he tried to hit me.

After I punched his side mirror he was basically trying to chase me down. I pulled over on the shoulder with him pulling over behind me. When I got off the bike he took off.

Truth be told I don't really know what I was thinking. I have no patience for people like that and I really should have left the situation alone but I stopped thinking and started reacting to his stupidity and ended doing some dumber ****.

Side note: I was so ready to throw down I was pissed he took off. I guess when he saw me get off the bike he decided he didn't want any parts of me (6'4", 225, geared up).

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Yeah, you gotta be careful out there. I used to be pretty controlled, but the more stuff the see, the madder I get. I lost it a few weeks ago when two kids cut me off.

I was driving on the highway yesterday and a woman ahead of me was in the far left lane and keep making drastic speed changes (from 50-70) and weaving in and out of her lane and cutting into the lane next to her. I was thinking she was drunk until I had enough of it and waited for a break and cruised past her. Of course... she was fiddling with her cell phone, palm pilot thing. I was furious. I wanted to follow her and jam that thing up her arse when she stopped, but I just got away from her. Ive seen that twice in the last week in fact, people playing with the palm,phone combination things.

·
Registered
870 Posts
So whose was the victim here. To me it kind of sounds like you where the instigator. Keep your head in check and dont offer unsolicited advice.

If I was driving and saw some person perform a significant driving error, I stay as far away as possible. I dont drive up next to them and have a conversation.

Peace

·
Registered
104 Posts
I get the same way, I just kinda snap. i seem to loose it alot easier on the bike, i guess i feel more endangered and get more pissed when someone moves into my space. yea if someone did that then tried to hit me, i would be ready to fight to, and i'm sure he went running when you got off 64 225 in gear. the gear is def a plus in a fight.

·
Registered
344 Posts
people are idiots, try to take their ignorance in-stride to save your own hide. It's one thing if you're also in a car, but your on a bike. Road rage can cost you your life.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Man its really not worth it. There was a story just last week about someone doing a drive-by on a bunch of Hells Angel's riders. There are toooo many nuts with guns out there!

Stay safe. I dont want to ever here of one of our own getting hurt or killed if it could have been prevented in the first place.

·
Registered
840 Posts
It's because of these situations that I keep my light saber on me. When some dumbf uck does some stoopid sh it, I just ride by and melt his tires at speed. Then I yell, "I find your lack of faith disturbing, biyotch!"

·
Registered
147 Posts
Learn to shoot left handed.... so you can control throttle and brake with right. :)

Honestly though. I carry a glock 26 in a docker holster to draw left handed just have to slip my left hand under my jacket.

It will never come to that i'm sure cuz usually just slowing down and getting away from someone is enough but if it's not I'm not gonna get run over and go out without a fight

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
919 said:
So whose was the victim here. To me it kind of sounds like you where the instigator. Keep your head in check and dont offer unsolicited advice.

If I was driving and saw some person perform a significant driving error, I stay as far away as possible. I dont drive up next to them and have a conversation.

Peace
I guess I'm just not as passive as you are. Lately I've been getting really tired of all the incompetent drivers in my town, and yesterday this guy just hit the wrong nerve with me, let alone almost caused a big accident and was an arrogant ***hole about it. Thanks for the advice, I'll try to use it if I find myself in another situation.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Stratispho said:
Learn to shoot left handed.... so you can control throttle and brake with right. :)

Honestly though. I carry a glock 26 in a docker holster to draw left handed just have to slip my left hand under my jacket.

It will never come to that i'm sure cuz usually just slowing down and getting away from someone is enough but if it's not I'm not gonna get run over and go out without a fight
"Going dooooown in a blaze of glory.." :rocker:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I snapped once because on the way to and from work I have to cross one of those 'bicycle' crossings where mid-40 yr old men dress up in tights and ride their bicycles to work in the morning. Anyhow, they have STOP signs and these crossings and on the way back one night I'm just cruising at 30 and one of these homo's comes blazing through the stop sign and didn't see me. I locked the breaks and lifted up the back wheel a bit almost dumping my bike and killing him. So what happens next? The guy starts yelling at me! I'm like is this dude serious... I almost kill him because he runs stops signs on his huffy? So I call him a 'gay dipshit' (i know, imature but funny at the time). He waves his finger at me and I stop my bike and pull to the side of the road, get off my ride and walk towards him while taking my helmet off. I was going to kik his azz bad and there were other bicycle riders and walkers watching the whole thing as i'm screaming ******* at this dude while peeling off my gloves. He gets on his bike and ends up riding away. What a ****.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Man, I've had that same **** happen to me before, and it really pissed me off! The kid was like 16, and was racing his little Integra that mommy and daddy bought him, up a hwy with construction, and cut me off and almost forced me into the median at like 70mph! I chased him down and we exchanged words to say the least. I have very little patience for stupidity, but I also know the limits of me on a 400lb bike and a fucktard kid in a 3000lb car. On a side note, I agree with the intimidation factor in a lot of cases, if you're a "bigger" guy and all, but it's not always like that. You never can tell with people these days. I'm not big by any means, but I train MMA 6 days/week, and while I try to avoid a confrontation, I'm not the least bit scared of getting into it if the situation calls for it. You gotta be careful for dumb motorists, who might be "trained" in some way shape or form..or even worse, like someone said above, they might have a gun! It sucks, but we are the minority on the road, and can easily be "overpowered" by a dumbass in a much larger car. Just gotta be smart and not jump off at the handle, as hard as it is sometimes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts