Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
That Quickshifter sounds like it is pretty dialed.

I know you weren't going for balance point or anything, but if you brought the front end a bit higher, you could ride them out a lot longer!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That Quickshifter sounds like it is pretty dialed.

I know you weren't going for balance point or anything, but if you brought the front end a bit higher, you could ride them out a lot longer!
100% absolutly! I almost didnt post this cus the wheelies were so small. I had a lot of fun discovering my comfort levels with the qs and learning how the new -1 front sprocket was going to feel.
Makes me wonder if someone could feel the difference not going down a tooth and just doing the 520 conversion.

·
Registered
389 Posts
100% absolutly! I almost didnt post this cus the wheelies were so small. I had a lot of fun discovering my comfort levels with the qs and learning how the new -1 front sprocket was going to feel.
Makes me wonder if someone could feel the difference not going down a tooth and just doing the 520 conversion.
Definitely worth posting haha.

I've always changed my gearing while doing the 520 conversion so I can't say, but I bet most riders wouldn't even notice.

I've got some raw wheelie footage waiting to be posted. I'll link it here when I get around to the editing

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely worth posting haha.

I've always changed my gearing while doing the 520 conversion so I can't say, but I bet most riders wouldn't even notice.

I've got some raw wheelie footage waiting to be posted. I'll link it here when I get around to the editing
Sounds good!

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,787 Posts
what brand of QS are you using?

you should also be wary about using it in the lower rpms if your kill times aren't set specifically for that engine speed. the slower your engine is turning the longer the QS needs to engage the next gear. keep that in mind.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what brand of QS are you using?

you should also be wary about using it in the lower rpms if your kill times aren't set specifically for that engine speed. the slower your engine is turning the longer the QS needs to engage the next gear. keep that in mind.
I am using a bazzaz stand alone qs (qs4). I have not played with any of the settings. Appreciate the tip. I didn't really realize how low in the rpms I was shifting until I edited the video, was just focused on the baby wheelies.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I watched your video ok?

I'm no wheelie expert, I hardly ever pull them and I definitely do not practice them. So hence forth, you now have my opinion.

What you are doing/advocating is against all norms. Learn to wheelie by throttle, clutch, and rear brake control. You are skipping the most important aspects in order to "chase" a small wheelie and even then that small wheelie is pathetic.

Why in the hell would you advocate QS for wheelie control, oh I know, you are either trying to injure people that think you know what you are doing, and take your word for gosphel, or you are a new rider and are afraid to risk your bike, and your limbs learning the basics by repeated practice, practice, practice.

Hey, don't even try hate, your video is stupid as F. I find it crazy that you actually linked it in this forum.

As I said in the past, almost all "motovloggers" talk out their ass, speaking on what limited knowledge and experience they have only to have an overall negative impact on the riding community.

Anyways, as before and still now - Keep doing your thing, but my god don't even try to teach people wheelies.

·
Registered
389 Posts
:crackup:

OP is not trying to preach to anyone how to wheelie. He is just sharing some fun he had on his motorcycle.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I watched your video ok?

I'm no wheelie expert, I hardly ever pull them and I definitely do not practice them. So hence forth, you now have my opinion.

What you are doing/advocating is against all norms. Learn to wheelie by throttle, clutch, and rear brake control. You are skipping the most important aspects in order to "chase" a small wheelie and even then that small wheelie is pathetic.
Generally I agree with you but this is not a how to video. Nor do I think I am good at wheelies. Sorry you had a bad day.

No hard feelers, people sharing thoughts and opinions is healthy stuff. Thanks for watching.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As promised.

Holy S man! Those are nice and smooth and controlled. Nice throttle work. Not much of a backroad but your call lol.

I started to figure out that 2nd gear power wheelies on the 1k is really smooth and predictable. Longest have been those but you get going pretty fast chasing it. Or I do.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Oh I have the same problem. Kind of scary getting head shake when bringing the front wheel down going 100+ lol.

It's for this reason (as well as others) that clutching up wheelies is generally regarded as the superior method, in that you can bring the front wheel up at a lower rpm/speed.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh I have the same problem. Kind of scary getting head shake when bringing the front wheel down going 100+ lol.

It's for this reason (as well as others) that clutching up wheelies is generally regarded as the superior method, in that you can bring the front wheel up at a lower rpm/speed.
But speed wobble makes you feel alive!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Very sad sauce.

I actually just sold my Gsxr 750 and bought a crf250l, for kind of that reason. This 250 is honestly just as much fun to ride (especially in the dirt) but I feel like the chances of severe injury are much lower. Of course I still have my 600 for canyon carving, but I don't wheelie that bike, it's too nice!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very sad sauce.

I actually just sold my Gsxr 750 and bought a crf250l, for kind of that reason. This 250 is honestly just as much fun to ride (especially in the dirt) but I feel like the chances of severe injury are much lower. Of course I still have my 600 for canyon carving, but I don't wheelie that bike, it's too nice!
I feel you. I can see changing it up. A dual sport sounds nice as a 2nd bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts