Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,799 Posts
take this how you want, but you post video after video of you guys riding like dickheads on public roads, then you get caught out by a public road being less than ideal, it's not surprising in the slightest. your buddy fucked that up majorly, no excuse for his crash, everyone else made it through no problem. if you weren't following as close and were looking further ahead you would have as well with a very simple line change.

but really, i'm surprised this didn't happen to you sooner. if you and your buddies want to ride around together like that, go do track days together or some ****.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
take this how you want, but you post video after video of you guys riding like dickheads on public roads, then you get caught out by a public road being less than ideal, it's not surprising in the slightest. your buddy fucked that up majorly, no excuse for his crash, everyone else made it through no problem. if you weren't following as close and were looking further ahead you would have as well with a very simple line change.

but really, i'm surprised this didn't happen to you sooner. if you and your buddies want to ride around together like that, go do track days together or some ****.
I dont have a problem with you expressing your opinion. I have been trying to slow it up and ride in the back more. We are respectful in town, maybe we should be more respectful out of town too.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,799 Posts
all you guys are doing is rolling the dice until statistics catch up with you. you are likely to get away with it for quite a while, but eventually something is going to ruin your day. whether it's an unexpected oil spill, oncoming traffic, an animal, could be anything. the more you do it the more you're likely to lose a friend.

everyone is going to have some fun sometimes, but doing it ALL THE TIME is where it ends badly. you can only get away with so much for so long.

i bet if you got everyone together in the same group at a track day you'd have more fun anyway.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, we probably would have more fun at a track day. Really looking forward to more track days.

So you would say speed is the biggest problem?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,799 Posts
the biggest problem is you're riding in a group of people (some with questionable skill sets) at speed on the road around blind corners in the woods. it's literally a perfect storm for a goddamn train wreck.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the biggest problem is you're riding in a group of people (some with questionable skill sets) at speed on the road around blind corners in the woods. it's literally a perfect storm for a goddamn train wreck.
Okay, thanks for sharing. I will add that this video shows the most aggressive riding from the whole trip that was about 4 hours. I hear yah.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I’ll echo everything Wibbly said; been watching your videos for a while and thinking the same thing, I’m just surprised it hasn’t been a worse outcome based on the way you guys ride. You need to bring it to the track if you want to ride that aggressively.

There’s an article out there called The Pace by Nick Ienatsch about street riding and how to be “safe” while having fun. It’s a great read:

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/pace

As is The Pace 2.0:

https://www.cycleworld.com/2013/09/16/become-a-better-street-rider-with-the-pace-motorcycle-safety-and-riding-skills#page-4

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ll echo everything Wibbly said; been watching your videos for a while and thinking the same thing, I’m just surprised it hasn’t been a worse outcome based on the way you guys ride. You need to bring it to the track if you want to ride that aggressively.

There’s an article out there called The Pace by Nick Ienatsch about street riding and how to be “safe” while having fun. It’s a great read:

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/pace

As is The Pace 2.0:

https://www.cycleworld.com/2013/09/16/become-a-better-street-rider-with-the-pace-motorcycle-safety-and-riding-skills#page-4
Appreciate the feedback and read.

·
Registered
382 Posts
all you guys are doing is rolling the dice until statistics catch up with you. you are likely to get away with it for quite a while, but eventually something is going to ruin your day. whether it's an unexpected oil spill, oncoming traffic, an animal, could be anything. the more you do it the more you're likely to lose a friend.

everyone is going to have some fun sometimes, but doing it ALL THE TIME is where it ends badly. you can only get away with so much for so long.

i bet if you got everyone together in the same group at a track day you'd have more fun anyway.
Wibbly is exactly correct. The more you test the street, the higher the chance the street bites you. Exactly same as track, with one major difference - EXPECTATION.

You can expect things to hold "more true" on track. You can ONLY expect things to hold "less true" on street. What does that mean? It means always expect the worst on street! On track you can free up some apprehension, and push your limits.

This is now twice (that I know of), that you have crashed in a group ride. There is no excuse here kiddo. You knew the road was fk'd up yet you continued to push. Test yourself on track, and enjoy a group ride. If you are not able to listen to your instincts sell your your bike, and focus on your family!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Wibbly is exactly correct. The more you test the street, the higher the chance the street bites you. Exactly same as track, with one major difference - EXPECTATION.

You can expect things to hold "more true" on track. You can ONLY expect things to hold "less true" on street. What does that mean? It means always expect the worst on street! On track you can free up some apprehension, and push your limits.

This is now twice (that I know of), that you have crashed in a group ride. There is no excuse here kiddo. You knew the road was fk'd up yet you continued to push. Test yourself on track, and enjoy a group ride. If you are not able to listen to your instincts sell your your bike, and focus on your family!
I got no beef with that. I can't keep crashing and keep riding.This one really bummed me out. I was trying to ride in the back and not go as fast. This video shows the fastest moments of the ride.

Thanks. Will work on it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I see there is a pavement ends sign on the right quite a bit before the pavement ends.

i don't think you saw it cause you didn't get on the brakes.

If you did you could have stopped all the way or at least to the point where you drag rear brake and not tuck the front.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I got no beef with that. I can't keep crashing and keep riding.This one really bummed me out. I was trying to ride in the back and not go as fast. This video shows the fastest moments of the ride.

Thanks. Will work on it.
Your response to my somewhat triggering post clearly shows you have a level head. You already know the accident was 100% your fault, so the big takeaway here is what are you going to learn from it, and how you will continue to ride while leveraging the experience you have gained.

Personally, I'd say don't give up, keep riding but give it your all to focus on not crashing. Think about all the things that could go wrong as you approach a turn, as you are riding through the turn, as you cross that intersection, or approach that yellow light with traffic all around you. Do that next riding season, and you'll be amazed at how your mind changes. Over time you will slow down a little, and you'll look back at how you used to ride and be like F*k that. You'll still enjoy riding just as much, it's just you'll be safer when you do it.

- my 2 cents from one passionate street rider to another

·
Registered
389 Posts
To answer your question, yes, you definitely could have avoided that crash! Even flying in as hot as you did, I think if you would have just turned left or right before the road turned ****, you probably could have dragged rear brake and road out of it or at least minimized the carnage. It looked to me like you target fixated on the guy who crashed in front of you, instead of looking for an escape route. Easier said than done though!

And I think everyone's comments about riding fast on the streets are correct. It will get you at one point or another, in fact, it just got me about a month ago. I came into one of my favorite freeway on ramps at knee dragging speed, and down I went! Don't ask me how I didn't see the huge oil/diesel spill going all the way around the corner!:banghead:

I wouldn't dwell on such an accident though. It's a learning experience. Sometimes you have to learn the hard way. Did you sustain any injuries? How's the bike? I would get back in the saddle as soon as possible.:shakehand

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts