Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished flushing my coolant and noticed there's a weird noise. I did spill a little water while filling the radiator cap hole, I'm guessing some water trickled down the hose line next to the radiator cap and creating the arcing noise?

Has anyone else experienced this before?

1. I turn my key, sweeps correctly
2. Press skill switch
3. I hear the fuel prime up
4. Buzz /arcing sound for 2 seconds

I think it's coming from the left side
Maybe under tank?

Here's the link to the video
https://youtu.be/sqXe_uLe4KY

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
if stock midpipe and cat assy., ......could it be your exhaust flapper valve motor cycling open/closed ?
(noisily, it needs some lube to the system of cables and pivots..)

Drive motor located left side of rear cowl by batt.compartment....with 2 cables running down to flapper valve system near bulgy douchebag part of exh.

also, be careful of flooding bike when start/stop if cold....these bikes WILL flood, and then it's a weird ritual to get them started again...

do this testing with bike fully warmed up only!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I'm not sure but after just trying to locate the noise i feel it towards the center of the bike behind the cylinder heads, might be electrical.

?

if stock midpipe and cat assy., ......could it be your exhaust flapper valve motor cycling open/closed ?
(noisily, it needs some lube to the system of cables and pivots..)

Drive motor located left side of rear cowl by batt.compartment....with 2 cables running down to flapper valve system near bulgy douchebag part of exh.

also, be careful of flooding bike when start/stop if cold....these bikes WILL flood, and then it's a weird ritual to get them started again...

do this testing with bike fully warmed up only!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to followup, found out what was wrong.

While I was doing a coolant flush, the water splashed out onto the gas tank and crept under gas tank.
The electrical plugs on the fuel pump were wet and arcing. They are dried out now and no more noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts