Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the GoPro set up for my first track day last week, so here's one of the sessions that I uploaded to YouTube. At around 10 minutes the guy in front drops it and I very very nearly run over him, new under crackers required!

Let me know what you think, tips on the riding welcomed!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts

Nice job out there, and good save.

You're sitting all crossed up. When you're going into turns you can see that you're just sliding your butt off the seat but you're not really moving any other part of your body.

Next time you go out put your chin over your wrist and really try to kiss your mirrors in the direction of the turn. You can do this without moving your butt and the majority of your weight will roll to the inside of the turn. Once you get your upper body, work on sliding your ass off in that direction. It also looks like you might be rotating around your tank when you slide off. If in a right turn your right hip moves forward and your left knee comes back you are rotating. You dont want your hip in front of your knee as it will almost always cause you to be crossed up.

Make sure you're keeping your elbows broken. Most of the time, when I'm in a turn, I have my elbows at around a 90 degree angle. Apply pressure to your outside peg and drive your knee into your tank. You can also rest your outside forearm on your tank for some added stability. This will really help you position your body right.

Also, in turns, you want your balls on your tank. Slide your ass back on the straights and get as low as you can, then during braking, allow your ass to slide forward.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was it cold or somthing? Air goes straight through those hoodies. I liked how u watched and kept going lol.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yeah it was about 5 deg C, pretty cold, the hoodie helped!

You're sitting all crossed up. When you're going into turns you can see that you're just sliding your butt off the seat but you're not really moving any other part of your body.

Next time you go out put your chin over your wrist and really try to kiss your mirrors in the direction of the turn. You can do this without moving your butt and the majority of your weight will roll to the inside of the turn. Once you get your upper body, work on sliding your ass off in that direction. It also looks like you might be rotating around your tank when you slide off. If in a right turn your right hip moves forward and your left knee comes back you are rotating. You dont want your hip in front of your knee as it will almost always cause you to be crossed up.

Make sure you're keeping your elbows broken. Most of the time, when I'm in a turn, I have my elbows at around a 90 degree angle. Apply pressure to your outside peg and drive your knee into your tank. You can also rest your outside forearm on your tank for some added stability. This will really help you position your body right.

Also, in turns, you want your balls on your tank. Slide your ass back on the straights and get as low as you can, then during braking, allow your ass to slide forward.
Thanks a lot for that reply mate! Much appreciated. What you're saying makes sense so definitely gives me some things to try next time out.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts

^ What he said. Typed the words right from my keyboard. Not bad though. Welcome to the addiction!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
wheres that? knockhill?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Video looked good. Your BP is def crossed up. Gotta get ur butt off seat more, and head over by ur mirror. To help u get ur head over drop ur inside elbow an it will move ur upper body down to where it needs to be... But u looked good out there. I just did my first track day Saturday also and my BP was just like urs except I got my butt off seat alittle more. I think I was pushin alittle harder than I should have for first time. But it's good to know what u need to work on.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Well done! Way to look away and not at the downed rider/bike. You're moving at a decent pace out there hitting your marks very good for being your first TD. As people have mentioned work on that upper body positioning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts