Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, Dustin S. There is a main straight and two small straights. I was tapped out on the main straight about 2/3 of the way down it. On the two small straights I would hit the top of 6th 500ft before the braking zone. I needed to change my gearing for this track. If you ever get a chance to go to Road America, DO IT! Best track I have ridden so far.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I was signed up for both days and crashed on the fourth lap of the first session...those 3.5 laps were amazing though :)

Now I get a 6 week vacation with a broken hand.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I ran wide exiting the carousel then had to lock the rear brake to avoid crossing the track at 90 degrees through the bend. Ended up skidding and "highsiding" next to the flag station on the inside of the bend. I was fine when I first left the track, but I wasn't scrubbing much speed and there were two riders in the braking zone for the bend...so I had to stomp on the rear and hope for the best.

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
I did both STT days and both CCS days there over the weekend.

What gearing were you running?

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
Not bad. Ran off in the first trying a pass on the last lap, top third in the other two.

One guy went out flight for life on Sunday. He got tangled up with another guy and got his head stuck between his wheel and tail section. It torn his helmet off and messed up his face and eyes. Another guy went down hard in the kink and broke seven ribs, punctured a lung and broke his clavicle. Other than that, normal.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did both STT days and both CCS days there over the weekend.

What gearing were you running?

I have -1 on the front and +2 in the rear from stock. Not sure on exact teeth. Way too short for RA. Perfect for the other two tracks I normal run (Mid America Motorplex and Motorsports Park Hastings). What do you recommend for RA? I'm really slow and was only turning 2:48's on a mostly stock bike.

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
So you have a 15/44

Depending on your pace I would suggest going down at least a tooth in the rear. It'll give you a little better top end on all three straights.

I was running :36-:40 during the trackdays and had 15/42 for my gearing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts