Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The humanity! Why on God's green earth? For a fuggin museum pedestal piece? FFS how :supergay: Its not often you see a Porsche sent to the scrap yard, let alone a brand new 997 model. Some genius decided it was a good idea to see what a 911 would look like as it was being crushed, and was even kind enough to put a camera inside to give us an insider view of being cubed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDkFKLk39b8

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,778 Posts
you think that's bad you haven't seen the video where the bureau of customs in subic ordered the 'smuggled' cars & suv's be destroyed as an example to curb smuggling in the country (Philippines), among those destroyed was a Porsche 911GT & a Ferrari (i don't know what model but the prancing horse logo was very visible on the wheels & bonnet).

i'll try looking for that video & post it here.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,778 Posts

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
so where the "smuggled" cars stolen from other countries and brought over there and resold? like in gone in 60 seconds?

·
Team Green recrueting machine
614 Posts
probably bought and then shipped and resold in the philippines.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
It was probably a test mule or something. A car with no production number or ability to be legally put on the road. We just had a similar discussion at work the other day. I work at a Jeep dealership, and we had been to a ride and drive featuring some pre-production 2008 Jeep Liberty's. The cars were not production units, didn't have vin numbers, weren't 100% of what the road worthy cars were, so when chrysler is done with them, they will be off to the crusher to be recycled into new cars. Where do you think all the test cars, concept cars, former race cars, etc go? What do you think happens to all but a lucky few motogp bikes and race cars? Then don't just store them forever. Unless they win a championship, or get put into a museum, it's off to the recycle bin. It's just metal. The thing that's always got me is movie cars. I've seen a LOT of really nice cars smashed up in movies. I don't think I could sell a new ferrari if I knew it was going to be destroyed on the set of fast and furious 11 or something.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
by watching these I get angry just thinkin about it. almost threw up in my mouth a lil bit in disgust

1 - 20 of 22 Posts