Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and a few friends have taken a fair bit of video from trackdays and such, but its always a pain having to carry the camera on the bike.

We have been using a `lipstick' type camera with a fisheye lens which gives great pics but we either have to stash the videocamera somewhere in the front of the bike, or even worse, carry it in a backpack.

I know its only a matter of time until one of us crashes and wipes out not only parts on the bike, but kis goodbye to a $1000 videocamera as well. So far we've been lucky, and the cam's hav'nt been damaged in lowsides etc...

Does anyone know of a viable (ie. not incredibly expensive) system for transmitting and recieving video over approx a 1mile range. This means that we can leave the videocamera's in the pits with recievers, and worst case, if a crash occurs, we're only gonna junk a lipstick cam and transmitter.

Any sugestions guys???????

Even if someone has schematics for this kind of thing, I'm not adverse to building it.

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
I remember seeing one of the bullet cameras hooked up to a hard drive type thing. It was like 300.00 but most of it is concealed and relatively protected in a crash. I'll see if I can find it again.

Nevermind...I just found it. It was made for police motorcycles and its got a big box.

You probably won't be able to get something wireless that has that much range. If you did that thing would require a whole lot of power that the bike cannot provide. You're best bet is to find a very small camcorder and try to stash it somewhere where it is secure. Then just have a remote bullet camera wired into it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do a google for helmet cams & such. I recently bought a helmet cam, and in my searches, I ran across some transmitters that advertized ranges of 1 mile or so. I remember seeing them for under a few hundred. But of course you'd still need a CCD which will probably set you back a few too.

I would not expect too much though. If you watch any of the THQ supercross series, the video breaks up a lot. And I'd think ESPN wouldn't skimp on decent Video systems. Then again, in car vid at races is getting pretty good. Who knows. [/i]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts