Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a vin sticker on the left side of my bike that i want to remove to make it look cleaner, i was wondering if anyone else has done it or if its illegal?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Big no no....in Michigan it would be a huge deal, and it could possibly make the bike very hard to sell....

Maybe you can, I wouldn't though, im sure people will chime in very soon on this.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
i wouldnt do it unless its a track only bike, or salvaged.
but i definitely wouldnt do it to a DMV registered bike.

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
That is your bike's identity bro leave it alone

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the number is also routed out on the frame by the right fork.. so technically id still have the vin number on there, just not the sticker?

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
Technically its your bike so you can what ever you want to it

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
i dont know why u would want to remove that for a cleaner look....
if ya have a stock bike, u can do a lot of things to make it look and perform better.
my .02

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
its etched on the right side fork too so I dont know...I dont thinking taking it off would be a big deal in that case. Surely the bike's identity cannot be solely on a sticker...

·
Registered
696 Posts
I also dont care for the sticker but i think i thought of a pretty good idea, Im gonna go buy the darkest peice of window tint from my local tint shop(probablly get it free) and cut the tint to fit over the sticker and tint it. From far you wont see it and up close you can use a flash light to still read it. What do yall think?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did you steal the bike?
haha no, i was just curious if anyone else has done it... i was removing some stickers today and i saw that one and saw there was another place where the vin number was so i didnt know if it would be bad to remove it.... buuut i guess she will stay

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also dont care for the sticker but i think i thought of a pretty good idea, Im gonna go buy the darkest peice of window tint from my local tint shop(probablly get it free) and cut the tint to fit over the sticker and tint it. From far you wont see it and up close you can use a flash light to still read it. What do yall think?
thats a really good idea! funny cuz i was just cleaning out my garage and found some old tint film from when i did one of my cars and just threw it away... but i guess ill be trash pickin in a couple minutes!

·
Registered
696 Posts
LMAO, its a cheap way to hide the sticker. Justg make sure you have a very sharp razor blade when cutting the tint. It will make a very clean cut instead of it having jagged edges.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im thinkin im going to cut a slightly larger piece than the vin sticker, then apply the film and just cut off the excess..

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
how does it make much of a difference when its a sticker, and it has the same exact number stamped onto the frame?

whats so important about having "that" sticker on their, someone mentioned that its harder to sell it/illegal, but ur not removing the real vin, the one on the frame still stays....

·
Sweeper Warrior
1,442 Posts
i stole my bike

from the dealer @8,699 OTD!

but as far as the vin sticker goes, i removed mine. it's on the frame as stated. in SC they do 0 vehicle inspections. in a state that does inspections (don't know if they do them on bikes), i "could" see it being a problem. the tint idea is a real good one, to bad i didn't think of that DULT!! T.K.

·
Sweeper Warrior
1,442 Posts

behind the upper mid, on the frame, you can see it peeking at you. it's saying; "Hi Matt! peal me off!" T.K.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
how does it make much of a difference when its a sticker, and it has the same exact number stamped onto the frame?

whats so important about having "that" sticker on their, someone mentioned that its harder to sell it/illegal, but ur not removing the real vin, the one on the frame still stays....
if you get pulled over and a cop notices ANY of the bikes identifying markings tampered with, they'll probly have you sitting on the shoulder while they check, check and check again! who knows how long that will take, as we all know stolen bikes are out there and the cops are just doin their job! the tint idea is the way to go!! imo

1 - 20 of 50 Posts