Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great weekend. Weather was perfect, especially for July. Got to meet LargeFather (I thought he'd be bigger :shrug)

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
looking good! the south course is a blast!!!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments guys

Paint. Much cheaper and used electrical tape to mask the lines. Provides a pretty good spacing and clean lines. It's a Krylon job so it looks better from 5 ft than close up but I like it and I have yet to see one quite like it.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I like this pic the best

You're leading with your shoulder and it looks like you're going to bust through a brick wall. Nice job on the paint. I did a backyard job on my Sharkskins too. The electrical tape is the practical way to go for sure.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
bike looks great even if it is not pefect when you get closer
she is wearing her racing outfit and i am sure she is smiling
awesome snap shots thanks for sharing

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, Ridge. I was trying to get up to pace. I just was having a hard time finding places to legally pass. A lot of guys were using the whole track and it was hard to make a clean pass. Had quite a few inside passes on me which I was not too happy about, but it seems the best way to pass on North.

Rotor, You can try, but don't feel too bad when the little six leaves ya behind. :)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Wolley said:
Thanks, Ridge. I was trying to get up to pace. I just was having a hard time finding places to legally pass. A lot of guys were using the whole track and it was hard to make a clean pass. Had quite a few inside passes on me which I was not too happy about, but it seems the best way to pass on North.
Unfortunately, that is the case at VIR. It is a thin track, and most, if not all, guys in B and I groups will tend to move towards the outside of the track when coming up to the entrance of a turn. I have had to learn to alter my lines a lot when running @ VIR. When using the RR, you have two options for passing; Pass on the exit of a corner, or pass on the brakes when approaching the corner. It is nearly impossible to power past someone on a semi-straight stretch. This is especially true on the N. course. You don't want to risk passing in the kink on the front straight w/ a rider next to you on the inside line. The cool thing with NESBA and I group is you can technically pass anywhere on the track; it only has to be on the outside if you are leaned over in a corner. You have to choose wisely and don't hesitate to make your move when you see it open up. I have gotten so used to the CR's passing on the inside that it doesn't even phase me anymore. It was fun running with you though.

·
High Roller
167 Posts
Nice pics Wolley. You can see a hint of my bike in the 5th pic going around the oak tree turn. Hopefully I wasn't one of those guys you were talking about that was holding you up. I do recall running with you for a few laps in the sessions later in the day....And how bout that weather we had too? I'll be at the South and North course at the end of the month as well. If you haven't signed up yet I'd suggest doing it soon. The I group is already filled for the south course on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Man, I must be slipping. I didn't see you out there either, and you only live 30 minutes from me. I saw a few RR's on South and North, but the only one I really got to ride with was Wolley.

·
High Roller
167 Posts
600RidgeRunner said:
Man, I must be slipping. I didn't see you out there either, and you only live 30 minutes from me. I saw a few RR's on South and North, but the only one I really got to ride with was Wolley.
I was on the black 1000RR #28 What color is your bike?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts