Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going? I think I saw a few mention they might be headed to this weekend. I'll be going Sat (21) and Mon (23).

Hope to see some of you all out there!

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
I will be attending as long as I get a spot on 21st. If my tires hold out I'm hoping the 22nd is doable too. :)

I did Patriot last month and its was a blast even though it rained most of the time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard about that Patriot day. I ran the N course with Team Promo the following Monday and the weather was perfect even though at the beginning I almost didn't go cause it looked like rain. Has anything filled up for that weekend yet?

Still keeping my eyes peeled suit wise for you. Sorry that other didn't work out?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll make a banner for my popup so you guys can find me. Hahahah. I dunno, that may be a little to cool for me. What groups is every one rolling in?

I get to go to the beginner group cause I've never ridden with NESBA before. Woooo.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Jbutel, I'll be the one holding you up in the B group haha. I have a size 42 suit that I can spare for the day. Been down once in it but it passes tech inspection no problem.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm joining in the mix at VIR, planning to be there for the whole weekend, although I'll be doing South on Sunday and North on Monday. I'll be with the NC Sportsbike crew, about 25 or so of us will be on the track on Monday. Another 8-10 for sunday. I should be there taking some pics for fun on saturday.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I will be there with few people from vasportbike. Ive got an all blue 07 r6 (#222) these days and one guy has an 05 all black RR. We are both in B group and a couple other people are in A group. See ya'll out there.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Oh cool, I'll be on a blue 04 r6 (#151) in B group. We got some I's and A's in NCS. Hopefully I can learn something from them. :p Actually hosting a photography seminar on Monday... while I ride. Should be baller.

Should really get a 2 way radio while riding and teach the new photogs some tips while I ride. lol

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Great! sounds like there will be a good turn out. Can't wait to be out there. I'll be on the Red '09 RR #44 in the B group.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<--- 37 (I totally had to look that up and need to remember to buy number at work.) Rocking in the B.. woooo 1st time with nesba.

Oh, I'd be down for some free photos of me from your seminar. Thanks :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
if your in B group, get behind me, I'll be running this baller camera setup. lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, I'm gonna need some video of me to analyze.

Jbaz, what days you gonna be there?

I am considering picking up a Go Pro camera before hand, but I dunno.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'll be there the whole weekend, but I'll be on the track sunday and monday. I'm not very fast until I get comfortable with the curves. My confidence in my r6 is much better after the deals gap trip since I've only been back on a bike for a month now. Took me about a year to get comfortable riding the 600rr and leaning it without getting scared of crashing.

I never really liked the Go Pro camera's except their small size and the fact that they can mount anywhere. The quality of the video to me isn't very good and the wide angle fisheye lens is kind of annoying. Also it has a really lousy way to scan the images, which skews the image whenever it vibrates and trust me, those camera's will vibrate a lot.

Personally, $300+ for the kit seems a little too high for what you get, I'm sure there's plenty of better options available for that price, but everyone seems to be on the gopro band wagon.

Then again, the only videos I've done has been with expensive DSLR's or real pro camcorders with good lenses. And I'm crazy enough to attach it to a bike.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Then again, the only videos I've done has been with expensive DSLR's or real pro camcorders with good lenses. And I'm crazy enough to attach it to a bike.

^^ Thats what I was thinking when I saw your camera attached to your bike lol.

A few more days and counting!! :cruising: :banger:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yeah, I had it on my friends r6 for about 4 runs on the gap, really helped me out see what I'm doing and not doing correctly. I thought I was leaning really hard but apparently not hard enough. Got close to dragging knee a few times, but I have to get off the damn bike more to do it. I'll figure it out soon enough.

You think VIR will let me run the r6 in the "goldwing" mode? Apparently, I can lean the bike pretty good with 125lbs on the back. Was stunned that I had no more chicken strips after day 1 in the mountains with a brand new tire.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
^^ shouldn't be a problem at all hahah

Nice setup you got going on there. I do some longer rides on the RR and have been looking for a setup like this.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts