Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting some vibration up through the handle bars when braking at low speeds coming to a stop (front brake only). It does not happen all the time and seems like it only started or should I say noticed it this year after getting my bike out from storage. The tires are properly inflated and I see nothing lose or wrong but then again, maybe I am not looking in the right place. It also seem to happen more do when I am turning at braking.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Jason

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
i noticed a little wobble as if the brakes grab then slip then grab and then slip kinda thing.....i assumed it was normal because it only happends are low speeds

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
I got the same thing going on with my 03RR. I was worried about it until I got on to a brand new 06 and a Come Ride event and shabing, there it was on another....

It's a very slight shudder right before the bike stops right?

·
Registered
199 Posts
it could be warped rotors - a bike in good braking condition shouldn't have a notoiceable shudder - especially through the bars

do you feel it through your lever, too?

·
Registered
888 Posts
My 06 does it as well. Not a good feeling. Not normal. Not good.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
As said above, could be warped rotors. I messed mine up awhile back putting the bike in a bad wheel chalk and had to have them straightened. Lately, they've gotten to be that way again and I'm wondering if heavy braking(heat) might have caused them to bend back slightly.

·
Registered
888 Posts
It comes and goes. Weird.

GA_RR said:
As said above, could be warped rotors. I messed mine up awhile back putting the bike in a bad wheel chalk and had to have them straightened. Lately, they've gotten to be that way again and I'm wondering if heavy braking(heat) might have caused them to bend back slightly.
I really don't ride that hard and almost never brake hard. Brakes have had this issue from day one. The rotors are fine. Glad to know I'm not the ony one with this problem.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I just noticed it this year, actual the first day I had the bike out. The only times it has ever done it is at low speeds coming to a stop but that is exactly the feeling, a slight shutter.

I am still running the stock pads on the bike, about 5500 miles.

Like others have said, it does not happen all the time, only then and again but enough to take notice.

I figured I would ask incase there was something that needed to be fixed.

I ride my bike hard from time to time but it's not like I am racing it or anything like that.

Jason

·
Registered
199 Posts
front end shake under braking will be one (or multiple) of the following

loose headset
worn axle bearings
bad brakes (pads, rotors, calipers)

it's difficult to tell which you guys are exeriencing, as there are subtle differences - it's a good strating point to begin a checkup though

is this a constant shudder, throughout the braking cycle?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
i wouldnt call it a constant shudder..... just a bit here and then for less then a second at a time

·
Registered
525 Posts
i have the same thing usually when the rotors get hot and i go to a real gradual slow down usually around 15-0, almost feels like a anti-lock kinda rattle. do you all think new pads would help?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Exactly!

silver_bullet_cbr said:
i have the same thing usually when the rotors get hot and i go to a real gradual slow down usually around 15-0, almost feels like a anti-lock kinda rattle. do you all think new pads would help?

Thank you. Nailed it.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mr_600RR said:
i wouldnt call it a constant shudder..... just a bit here and then for less then a second at a time
Yeah I agree and always when coming to a slow stop.

Jason

1 - 20 of 31 Posts