Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up guys its a beautiful day out and im super new to the virginia beach area... i want to go ride but not sure where to... someone helllp!!!!! lol i wana hit up some turns and head into the country..

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
my buddies and i may be riding tomorrow. might be suiting up too. :) going down to NC.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Used to live in that area a long time ago.

If you go on that one highway (I can't remember the name of it) that takes you back to 95, it's the only major road that everyone takes. All those little towns you passed through have nice sections of roads.

Also, if want more hills and curves, head towards Richmond, they have a alot of nice roads going away from the capital.

One last note:

The Virgina Highway Patrol are very strict on speeding enforcement, especially in and near these small towns. Every year there are always seasonal "squids" that come out and end up killing themselves. You'll see these idiots split lanes from the tunnels all the way up to DC......needless to say, the VHP image of sportbike riders are very unpopular.

Good luck, have fun, and be safe.

Cheers!:ciao:

·
Registered
220 Posts
One last note:

The Virgina Highway Patrol are very strict on speeding enforcement, especially in and near these small towns. Every year there are always seasonal "squids" that come out and end up killing themselves. You'll see these idiots split lanes from the tunnels all the way up to DC......needless to say, the VHP image of sportbike riders are very unpopular.

Good luck, have fun, and be safe.

Cheers!:ciao:

thats the same with md and va cops they will fallow and harass the hell out of you!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes im well aware of the cops here. haters.. well ill just go explore i guess lol wish me luck and nc thats a pretty far ride no? when you guys comin back?

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
We don't mess around on the interstate much. Try to avoid it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Theyre not haters. They just dont tolerate anything. I cant tell you how many VA State boys I see just before you hit the NC border goin down 95. Maryland (my home) depends where your at what you can get away with. I will say that 210 (Indian Head Highway) is not the place to play. They have Busa's to chase you down on that highway. That and the whole street racing massacre.............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts