Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to blockbuster a couple days ago to pick up some movie . the wheather kind a hot over here in this couple days. so i decided to pull the visor up and let the breeze air to my face. then suddently cop pull me over, and give me a ticket because i dont have my visor closed. i never hear such thing that i could get ticket because i have the visor up. anybody has the same experience with this.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
THAT COP IS SO GAY~ they can pull me over, and warn me, which i would indeed appreciate.

so u were in front of blockbuster with your dang visor up.....BIG F'ing deal. i respect the police officers who work hard to make my community a better place to live. but if anyone would actually give a ticket for having a visor open, he can eat it.

so....were you doing anything else to warrant him to issue such a ticket? perhaps your exhaust is ridiculously loud? there had to be some other reason.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
charles722 said:
THAT COP IS SO GAY~ they can pull me over, and warn me, which i would indeed appreciate.

so u were in front of blockbuster with your dang visor up.....BIG F'ing deal. i respect the police officers who work hard to make my community a better place to live. but if anyone would actually give a ticket for having a visor open, he can eat it.

so....were you doing anything else to warrant him to issue such a ticket? perhaps your exhaust is ridiculously loud? there had to be some other reason.
Yeah I agree on the warning.

·
Registered
919 Posts
dozadj said:
That is protecting the public. Motorcycle rider gets a rock or bug in his eye he might F up and cause an accident to himself or the vehicles around him.
haha, that's pure horsesh1t

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
I got pulled over twice for that. The first one was 60$ and 2pts, which i took to court and dropped it, and the second one they gave me a warning. They can eat my ass.

·
Registered
114 Posts
sounds like the same kinda deal I had... basically I was riding with one hand on the bars kinda resting my one arm when the 5-0 pulled me over.... told me it was illegal to ride with one hand on the bars.... but all those fools talkin on cell phones and not paying attention to us bikers can do it and talk on there cell phone too.... well I was lucky to get a warning but I still think its a kinda odd law

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I got a ticket in Va beach for having my visor up..

The funny thing about it, I was at a stop light and I put my visor up and then the light turned green and I took off and before I got halfway through the intersection I slap the visor down and locked into place..

Some cop pulls up to me and I give him a wave and he yells to pull that thing over and points to the curb. I was like wtf now.. I guess he saw me at a couple of light back and I didn't have my visor down when moving. and he said that he was yelling at me to put it down. Said I must have heard him and I put the visor down. When in reality I was just putting it down once I took off and had my hand off the clutch..

I hate when people are asshats like that..

·
Registered
364 Posts
sungsung said:
i went to blockbuster a couple days ago to pick up some movie . the wheather kind a hot over here in this couple days. so i decided to pull the visor up and let the breeze air to my face. then suddently cop pull me over, and give me a ticket because i dont have my visor closed. i never hear such thing that i could get ticket because i have the visor up. anybody has the same experience with this.
Although I understand you can get a ticket for it, that kind of thing should have gotten a warning first. If you would have been pulled over for it again, then I would have agreed with the ticket. Definitely sucks. Anyone know if this is considered a moving violation that would add points to a license?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
that's unbelievable to me.

Now, I understand the reasoning behind the law, but I certainly wouldn't think it warants a ticket for $90, especially the first time.

Here in ND we don't even have a helmet law, joes are riding around all over the place with no lid or glasses.... I think they need to even out the laws a little bit, I simply can't understand the ideas behind not even a helmet law.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
that cop was a buttcrack. hands down. no more discussion. NO MORE!

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
REV679 said:
sounds like the same kinda deal I had... basically I was riding with one hand on the bars kinda resting my one arm when the 5-0 pulled me over.... told me it was illegal to ride with one hand on the bars...
Thats odd. Last week I was just crusing along not paying attention and went by the local cop going 65 in a 50. He immidetly turns around and pulls behind me..I was like OHH $hit he's got me, but he never pulled me over and most of the time he was behind me I was riding w/ one hand off the bar. Maybe he just wanted to run my plate or instill a little fear in me..he susceed.

Also a few times Ive had to ride home at night and still had my tinted visor on so I had to ride home with it up. Good thing I have not run into any cops yet.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I find it funny that you can get a ticket for riding with one hand, sounds like an excuse to give you a ticket though.

Some cities just don't want sportbikers around so they will ticket for anything they can find. The So Cal beach cities are like that and many of the cops will tell you that "they" don't want you in "their city", right to your face.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts