Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

When it comes to mods that appeal visually, I know exhaust and fairings stand on the top of the list... then maybe the windshield or lights. but what about the wheels? Rims is a big deal on a car. what about bikes? is something like this popular?

also... if there was a program, that would display helmets in 360 degree view. will that help you buying decision? Do people buy gear like that from the internet or only from the store where they can try things on?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I like the 360 degree helmet view idea, it will give the buyer a much better idea of what it looks like if they cant get their hands on one

I buy from the store just to support the local guys

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
rims are big on show bikes or track bikes(for weight loss) i think its silly you can buy an entire set of high end rims for a car for the cost of 2 for a bike

360 helmet idea is excellent... disco maybe capitalize on that? but i buy gear online for the better price but try it on in the stores

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Sounds like you doing some kind of market research..... ??

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I always thought powdercoating rims to match the color of the bike looks amazing

·
Registered
689 Posts
I think the best visual mods are:

1) FE
2) Flush mounts
3) Solo Cowl
4) Powder coating pegs, bolts, etc
5) Wheels

As far as helmet views I think a real person wearing the thing would help me make a buying decision more than a 360 view.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I wouldn't buy any gear without trying it on first. I also found a local dealership with a parts department that will match any price online if they stock it. Things like windscreens or grips or other bike parts I don't have any issues with ordering online.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
what else when it comes to bikes would be good to see in 360?
Unless you plan on starting an online motorcycle shop I'm not getting why you care so much about 360.

To me 90% of the time they're gimmicks and a waste of my time. I'll take a few nice high quality pictures from a few different angles any time over mediocre 3d. Look around the web, how many e-commerce stores present their products in 3d...

The technology has been around for a while, but the time/effort/costs required to make them 3d just isn't worth it in most cases.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unless you plan on starting an online motorcycle shop I'm not getting why you care so much about 360.

To me 90% of the time they're gimmicks and a waste of my time. I'll take a few nice high quality pictures from a few different angles any time over mediocre 3d. Look around the web, how many e-commerce stores present their products in 3d...

The technology has been around for a while, but the time/effort/costs required to make them 3d just isn't worth it in most cases.
waste of your time? you don't even know what this about, but in a rush to shut it down.

Thanks for you opinion.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
waste of your time? you don't even know what this about, but in a rush to shut it down.
I wasn't saying this thread is a waste of my time... Nor am I in a rush to shut anything down. I was simply saying that most 360 product animations are a waste of time. 90% of the time they're very limited and almost never show that much useful detail... a gimmick. I generally don't mind interactive ones that point out features and highlights like they usually do for laptops.

But overall, just give me nice pictures... lots of them.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I wasn't saying this thread is a waste of my time... Nor am I in a rush to shut anything down. I was simply saying that most 360 product animations are a waste of time. 90% of the time they're very limited and almost never show that much useful detail... a gimmick. I generally don't mind interactive ones that point out features and highlights like they usually do for laptops.

But overall, just give me nice pictures... lots of them.
do you have any examples of what you are talking about?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts