Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed a heim joint for a set of Vortex rearsets. Of course the one I needed was left hand threads so it was 3x as expensive on Mcmaster as a right hand thread. I called Vortex and spoke to Casey. He was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Even though I was buying a $6 part he treated me as if I was placing a large order. It was nice that they have such a large stock of parts to be able to support what they make and sell.

www.vortexracing.com

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,726 Posts
same here I needed some small parts for my rearsets (by small I mean some of the pieces it self were 50 cents. lol) and Casey was more then helpful with explaining and ordering the right parts.. amazing customer service. shipping was really fast as well had it shipped within a couple of hours..

·
Registered
346 Posts
That's good to know - in an emergency situation on a weekend I was headed to the track, I had to buy a whole new Vortex rearset for lack of one critical bolt that had set itself free.

I should get the pieces I need to complete the whole 2nd set. I do enough trackdays that all those parts will inevitably come in handy one day.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I needed a heim joint for a set of Vortex rearsets. Of course the one I needed was left hand threads so it was 3x as expensive on Mcmaster as a right hand thread. I called Vortex and spoke to Casey. He was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Even though I was buying a $6 part he treated me as if I was placing a large order. It was nice that they have such a large stock of parts to be able to support what they make and sell.

www.vortexracing.com
same here I needed some small parts for my rearsets (by small I mean some of the pieces it self were 50 cents. lol) and Casey was more then helpful with explaining and ordering the right parts.. amazing customer service. shipping was really fast as well had it shipped within a couple of hours..
Awesome to hear. Lots of times I'll just send people directly over to Vortex for the smaller parts. Good to know that they're doing such a good job over there.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I just wanted to add to this thread. I recently got the V2 rearsets and when I was installing the brake side I noticed the OEM bolt would not fit through the brake lever. I also noticed that the brake lever seemed waaay to low when I lined it up with the eye bolt on the master cylinder. I gave Vortex a call and Casey went out to the floor and measured what the whole diameter was on the 600rr levers. Turns out they put a 1000rr lever in with my kit. They are already shipping me a 600rr lever with return postage to send them the 1000rr back.

Awesome customer service and he was able to resolve my issue quickly by going out to the floor and looking at it with me on the phone.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just wanted to add to this thread. I recently got the V2 rearsets and when I was installing the brake side I noticed the OEM bolt would not fit through the brake lever. I also noticed that the brake lever seemed waaay to low when I lined it up with the eye bolt on the master cylinder. I gave Vortex a call and Casey went out to the floor and measured what the whole diameter was on the 600rr levers. Turns out they put a 1000rr lever in with my kit. They are already shipping me a 600rr lever with return postage to send them the 1000rr back.

Awesome customer service and he was able to resolve my issue quickly by going out to the floor and looking at it with me on the phone.
I'm in the middle of installing my vortex rearsets, with a teackday tomorrow. I'm having the same issue as you with the OEM bolt not fitting.. only difference is I'm in Australia.
We were about to go get the hole drilled out the 1mm it needs when I found your post. I really don't want to be modifying something I paid $400 for as it should fit hassle free
Does anyone have contact email for vortex?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I'm in the middle of installing my vortex rearsets, with a teackday tomorrow. I'm having the same issue as you with the OEM bolt not fitting.. only difference is I'm in Australia.
We were about to go get the hole drilled out the 1mm it needs when I found your post. I really don't want to be modifying something I paid $400 for as it should fit hassle free
Does anyone have contact email for vortex?

800-440-3559 extension 205. His name is Casey. His email is [email protected]

Check the part number on the back of the brake lever. It should match the part number on the box RS265K. If it doesn't than there is a good chance it's a 1000RR lever

·
Registered
447 Posts
800-440-3559 extension 205. His name is Casey. His email is [email protected]

Check the part number on the back of the brake lever. It should match the part number on the box RS265K. If it doesn't than there is a good chance it's a 1000RR lever

Thanks mate the part number on the lever definitely doesn't match the box. I'll email him now..

Is it just the brake lever that needs to be swapped or the entire rearset?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Brake lever only. They will send you the correct one with return postage for the wrong one. I think they are in the Pacific time zone so it may be a little while before you get a response

I'll just have to run my stock brake rearset for my trackdays tomorrow.

I've emailed him so hopefully it all goes hassle free

Thanks for your help much appreciated!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts