Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of putting some Optimal Race Fairings on my 05 and I got a Vortex stay to replace the one broken during my crash last year. The bit that has me puzzled is that the mounting plate where the fairings attach is nothing like what an 05 would have. I've seen pic's around the web and it seems that sometimes the plates have two holes that probably match up with the holes in the fairings. Some however have 3 holes that don't match anything. It looks like it's made for something specific but I don't know what it is. It sure would not work for a stock front fairing though.

So, how did you all solve this problem?

Here is a pic of the part I'm talking about (and the OEM version next to it for reference)...

If that plate was bigger I could just drill holes to match and be a happy camper but it's just a fraction too small to be able to get both holes on there. I don't really want to fabricate an adapter if there is a "right" way.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
on the vortex that you have you see the tiny holes and one big hole right? well those are for the dzus fasteners the tiny holes are where pop rivets go through and the big hole is what you drill your fairings to fit with a dzus fastener....hope it was any help...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts