Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I just started installing a vortex 520 conversion kit, and the front sprocket is offset the wrong distance. I ran the part #, and it is correct. Any ideas? Has anybody else had this problem?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Is your chain also 520?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes. The problem is that the sprocket sits too far out from the bike and doesn't line up with the back. I matched it up with the oem sprocket and the vortex is offset further.

·
I AM The Righty
2,380 Posts
not really sure man. I don't remember any problems installing my vortex front + rear sprocket earlier this spring.
have you tried putting chain on and the chain won't fit due to wrong spacing?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, i have not touched the chain yet, and won't until i get the spacing right. You can tell the front sprocket sits out too far. Do you normally remove the rubber oil seal?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Yea, mine sat in nicely. No problems. Is yours for your right year of bike? Indysuperbike sent me an '07+ rear sprocket for my '06

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it is for the right year. I am supposed to remove the oil seal though??

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
No you don't remove it. You could have a leak later from behind the front sprocket. Have you tried replacing the seal? Mine was an O-ring. Not too sure about yours but I'm sure it's the same.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no, but that is the only thing spacing it away from the bike, and the oem and vortex sprockets have different offsets... i am guessing that there is some type of manufacturer issue.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes, the other side has no offset

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I noticed that there was a slightly different spacing but no more than like .030 of an inch. But seriously, if your alignment of one sproket to the other is only .030 out over like an 18" distance ( rear sproket to front ) Then you'll be more than good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts