Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my rear stand today. I assembled it, put the spools on the bike. I went to go prop the bike up and the stand seems to narrow for the swingarm! One side goes on fine, but then the other side is up underneath the swingarm o the other side! I had the bike propped up on the kick stand and everything to have the bike as level as possible. What am I doing wrong here?!

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I got my rear stand today. I assembled it, put the spools on the bike. I went to go prop the bike up and the stand seems to narrow for the swingarm! One side goes on fine, but then the other side is up underneath the swingarm o the other side! I had the bike propped up on the kick stand and everything to have the bike as level as possible. What am I doing wrong here?!
got any pics showing ur problem? or pics of the stand?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Do you have spacers behind your current ones? If not you probably just need different (smaller)spools.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok this is laughable! lol.

The V pieces that connect to the spools are adjustable. I tried knocking the allen bolt free the first time and could not get it to budge. Finally got some "I'm gonna knock this fucker loose if it is the last thing I do" leverage/strength and got it! lol. Now the V's adjust in and out and whamo! Bike is on the stand! lmao!

·
Registered
19 Posts

The V pieces that connect to the spools are adjustable. I tried knocking the allen bolt free the first time and could not get it to budge. Finally got some "I'm gonna knock this fucker loose if it is the last thing I do" leverage/strength and got it! lol. Now the V's adjust in and out and whamo! Bike is on the stand! lmao!
:crackup: glad you got it figured out!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I was just gonna tell you to adjust the arms so it'll line up with the spools but looks like you figured it out.. gotta push em all the way out to get em to line up..vortex stands ftw!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did not have to push them all the way out. Just a smidgen so they lined up evenly on both sides! I'm gonna have some sexy triceps pushing the biked onto the stand all the time! lmao!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
yeah those stand are pretty complicated

·
Registered
78 Posts
Its actually nice having the adjustability...I have been able to use my Vortex rear stand for a couple different bikes. Although I do remember it being a bitch to adjust them first time.

·
2 R's are better than 1!
105 Posts
The only thing I saw that you did wrong first was not use PURSUASION, ROTFL, but all kidding aside, they do move in and out and are adjustable. Once you tell them they are gonna die, they get scared and break free, works everytime,
:shakehand

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is your stand adjustable? It certainly appears to be. I would try that route first. Also, if you got a front and rear, it is possible you grabbed the front by mistake...

My GP Industries stands just required a quick width adjustment and the I had no problems.

Never mind...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts