Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I'm either retarded or blind. The brake side went on all smooth and dandy, and I was surprised there were no unexpected problems, and then this. I have looked through several other threads and not found a solution to this, and even looked on ebay to make sure my shifter wasnt some aftermarket one. I have found no answers. Heres my problem, the 03-06 vortex rearsets require you to use the supplied shifter rod in conjunction with the OEM shifter rod. The instructions clearly state to use this OEM swivel nut:

However, there seems to be no way to remove it from the OEM shifter. No allen or philips head on this side:

And none on the other side either:

Its supposed to attach to here (where my thumb is pointing) then thread into the OEM rod:

Every post I have looked at has a finished product with a allen head bolt going through the swivel nut, of which I see nowhere. And I found a youtube video where that part was not even shown and somehow he just came back with it off.

Any insight to end my frustration or make me look stupid is appreciated. Thanks guys,

Jake

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
A hardware store will sell SAE threaded ones but not metric.

Call Vortex, they'll help you and get you the right piece.

Mike

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
And Miweber, all the hardware stores were closed hahaha. I ordered em from Mcmaster and the were only ~ ten bucks plus shipping
My guess, and it's only a guess based on my experiences with them, Vortex would have sent you one for nothing or just the cost of shipping.

All good though; the hardware store ones wouldn't have fit anyway, they're SAE threaded, not metric, hahaha.

Mike

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My guess, and it's only a guess based on my experiences with them, Vortex would have sent you one for nothing or just the cost of shipping.

All good though; the hardware store ones wouldn't have fit anyway, they're SAE threaded, not metric, hahaha.

Mike
I bought them used, and the guy sent them without those two pieces, so vortex would have made me pay for them haha. But i sent them an email anyways, and they still havent gotten back to me :S

1 - 7 of 7 Posts