Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my self a VSS code . checked my sensor . sensor is working fine . 0 to 5v when im turning the wheel .

code comes out usually when im about in 3 or 4 th gear over 40 mph .

if im going about 40 mph .. it indicated about 55-60 on tach .

any ideas ?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Easiest thing is to just replace it. Can't cost too much for one off of ebay. I can rob one off my old '06 motor and let you try if you live in Socal. If it's not the sensor, has to be a bad wire.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I'd try re-wiring it just in case a wire is broken inside and doesn't contact all the time. If that doesn't fix it. Then I guess its in the motor.

What year's the bike?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its 06 .. if i have a short / open circuit somewhere .. i figure speedo would not work at all .. i never had this issue before till i got gear indicator mod ..

i reprogrammed my gear indicator yesterday .. i will find out after i take it out for test ride ..

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Yea man, I don't know what else to say. I looked at the book and it doesnt show how the VS gets its signal. Is it a pulse or just a change in voltage. I don't know what it reads from inside the motor. It's on top of the motor yet the output shaft of the tranny is on the bottom.

My only guess with the wiring is that a broken wire could give more pulses depending on how it fast it connects then disconnects. That is based on the motor vibration making it work sometimes and not others. This is all just a guess since I don't really understand the VS and how it works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts