Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
get an 08 graffiti

I am getting an 08 graffiti for 9800 OTD. My best would be getting a loJack in the same price.

Now the problem is: The 09 600rr would be out in 4 months or when?
(you guys probably know better than me). And then the 08 graffiti would be abt 8800 OTD.

the question is what are the changed for the 09
will it be worth waiting
will it becoming out in like next 4 months

please help me///

·
Registered
847 Posts
HELL,

If you get any info on the 09 I would LOVE to hear it. I have been reading around and have found jack squat. I even talked to a buddy of mine who knows one of the engineers with Honda and he couldn't get any info either. This is the same guy who had given me most of the stats of the 07 back in april of 06. GRRRRR!!
Oh, and also knowing Honda they will probably not release the 09 until March'ish of 2009.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
well def dont buy the grafiti at that price or u might as well save the money and put ur own finger in ur butthole haha.. but seriously if u can wait for the 09's then i would.. u should be able to get an 09 for about 9800 unless they do something drastic that makes the price go up a lot..

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
HELL,

If you get any info on the 09 I would LOVE to hear it. I have been reading around and have found jack squat. I even talked to a buddy of mine who knows one of the engineers with Honda and he couldn't get any info either. This is the same guy who had given me most of the stats of the 07 back in april of 06. GRRRRR!!
Oh, and also knowing Honda they will probably not release the 09 until March'ish of 2010.
what? they do not release 09 bikes in 10....

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
and also knowing Honda they will probably not release the 09 until March'ish of 2010.
wtf, why would they put it out a year late? wouldnt they be puttin the 09 out later this year. i thought they ran the same process as car where they put them on sale a little before their actual year to give the people more time to brag ha( i might be wrong on this but i think its right)

·
Registered
847 Posts
My bad, I miss typed. I meant Marchish of 09
I totally brain scrambled that one.

·
Registered
810 Posts
buy a black 07 now, then get some graffiti stickers made & save even more money...
who's going to say that the 09 won't be even more expensive.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
with 09

buy a black 07 now, then get some graffiti stickers made & save even more money...
who's going to say that the 09 won't be even more expensive.
being speculated to have ABS, it could be a bit highre price wise...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maybe its just California

got my graf for 9286 otd i would check for some better prices don't know where you are but check this place 8200 bux

http://www.southernhonda.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=03270532X6K30K2008J1I53I08JPMQ1606R0&veh=53888&CatDesc=Motorcycles&ModelYear=2008

might be a few hundred more for the graf but i thought i saw them there for the same price
with the people willing to pay 12K for the same bike. yes it happenned. dealer was asking 13.5 with prep fees and everything. they paid 12K ...happy campers :tard:

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
get an 08 graffiti

I am getting an 08 graffiti for 9800 OTD. My best would be getting a loJack in the same price.

Now the problem is: The 09 600rr would be out in 4 months or when?
(you guys probably know better than me). And then the 08 graffiti would be abt 8800 OTD.

the question is what are the changed for the 09
will it be worth waiting
will it becoming out in like next 4 months

please help me///
if you wanna ride right now.....then nuy a used 07 and trade on the 09 when it shows... or wait for the 09......imo

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
if you wanna ride right now.....then buy a used 07 and trade on the 09 when it shows... or wait for the 09......imo
that sounds like a good idea. or wait a few more months til winter sets in and you can get an 08Graff for cheaper if that's what you really want.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
the problem w/ waiting is there will always be a better bike coming in the near future.
buy now and ride now.

BTW, dont pay a dime over 9500 OTD for a new 600RR, if u do, u got robbed....

·
Registered
385 Posts
if i had to guess, id say the jump in performance will not be as much as the 03'/04' to the 05'/06' model.

the RR is still one of the best 600's on the market. if i was you id just get a used 07', then keep it till spring of 2010, sell it and pickup a leftover 09' for a good deal. you wont lose much on the 07', and youll get a great deal on the new bike.

of course if you have money to burn, buy a new 08' now, ditch that, then buy a new 09' when it comes!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
If you already have a older RR then wait awhile, if not pick one on a good deal...Somewhere in Norcal, 08 is going for 8100 OTD.....

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
if i had to guess, id say the jump in performance will not be as much as the 03'/04' to the 05'/06' model.

the RR is still one of the best 600's on the market. if i was you id just get a used 07', then keep it till spring of 2010, sell it and pickup a leftover 09' for a good deal. you wont lose much on the 07', and youll get a great deal on the new bike.

of course if you have money to burn, buy a new 08' now, ditch that, then buy a new 09' when it comes!
hang about isnt that wot i just said?? lol

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'm not sure what changes there will be on the 2009 model, if I had to guess (and this is purely a guess) the biggest change will be the addition of a back-torque limiting clutch (slipper clutch). Honestly, I have never felt the need for a slipper clutch on my 2007. I am more than happy with my bike and not willing to part with it for an '09 model unless the '09 model comes with free super models or something.

Either way you go, you are getting a great bike. :five:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts