Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out the tracks around here are a bit of a ways away and won't be open for use for a while. I'm dyin to go and see what all the other riders around here are doing! arf. I had a curious question.

How fast can I expect to be capable of going? All I know is it doesn't cut out at yer avg cars 109mph.

I've only been riding for a few weeks now and don't forsee (even ON the track) finding out exactly how fast it can go for quite some time. Just curious what kind of invisible line exists that I'm working with. I'm riding the '05 RR. I weigh 150 w/out gear. Havn't weighed with gear on.

Shoot, I havn't even hit the rev limiter rollin through the gears.. Taken it kinda slow bein a newb n' all. Just wanna know what i'm playing with.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Good for 160mph on the speedo, but that's not a true speed. But you won't hit that on most tracks as they don't have a straight long enough. Take it easy on the track, though! It's VERY different to road riding!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
willow springs big track, one of my local tracks does have a straight long enough. its a fast track. I see an indicated 151 at the end of the front straight. most tracks around here are tighter and more technical, topping out around 120.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have some flawless highway. I went out at lunch n' found out how fast i can go. the thirst has been quenched. I don't forsee myself needing to find out again anytime soon. :bitchslap:

Damn these bikes are fast. Who in their right mind actualy needs the speed? N' what in the world is the point of a liter bike? just to speed up to the next corner faster? lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts