Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm from India...have been riding a bike 4 the past 6 years....(150cc 14bhp...lousy..i know) but i think its time i stepped up into something more substantial. And im in love with the 600RR. will be importing it ... but am worried cuz honda has no authorized service centres here. Do these bikes give a lot of maintainance hassles?? Looking foward to your views.

C

·
0 Posts
spockk, Welcome! Do you have any mechanical skills? You should be able to do most of the maintence work yourself. You'll need the service manual, tools, front & rear stands and of course.... www.600rr.net ! Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
cvlighthouse is right my friend, most of it can be done on your own. just invest in some metric tools and you'll be good to go! and by the way, welcome to the boards, man! :razz:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
welcome :bounce:
This dude should get a prize for being the furthest away!

What brand service centers do you have there? (yamaha, kawi.ect) You can do most of the work yourself, but you never know, there bad apples with every brand. Not to steer you away, I have not had any real problems with mine, but don't want ya to have problems and nobody to fix it.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It's a Honda what maintanence??? :)

Anyway you should be able to do most yourself. Have any questions post on these boards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, I am a mechanical engineer. So things like oil change, replacing filters should not be a problem. However, i would like to know what i am getting into.

Most companies like Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha have a presence in India. However they are collaborations with other companies here, and donot make/market big bikes(max 250cc). Out here there is only a market for high mileage bikes . for ex. the largest selling bike in india is a 100cc 7 bhp Hero Honda which costs approx $1000 and gives 60-70 km / litre of gas.

So people who do import bikes have to depend on small time shops/mechanics who import spaers n stuff from malasya, thailand,etc., thus making it very expensive.

Thanks a million for your valuable feedback !!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
truthfully, i don't think you'll really have any problems with the RR. nothing major that you will need a honda dealership for. but the one thing i'm wondering about is the scheduled services, and how those will be taken out. hopefully everything will go smoothly! congrats on the bike; good choice. ;-)

·
Registered
20 Posts
spock my boy.

man, you're be the coolest east indian dude of all bombay with a 600rr. all those hot sari wearing chicks will be chasing your ass all over town.

These bikes are a piece of cake to upkeep. just internet order any part you need and you're all set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts