Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

should i run headlight stickers/fake headlights on my raceglass???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
fall down 7times get up 8
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
poll up/ should i run headlight stickers or no on the trackbike

so as the title says it's a simple yes, no
can't remove the undecided w/out #plate :retard: oh well......

nasbike look

or keep it clean & i'll be mounting a numberplate too, but will mount above the headlights...... (ugggg!?!? have made 4 attempts to make the image below smaller, sorry guys w/slow linespeed or screens)

mock up w/numberplate (sorry i couldn't get it smoother w/out actually applying the vinyl)

D

·
0 Posts
I like the headlight stickers, but I'd opt for without them. You don't want a corner worker to flag you thinking that you have untaped headlights.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
the best looking part of the trackskinz for me is no more ugly headlights..that will make it look more street bike from afar, and upclose just look silly lol. looks so clean and race-like with no headlights

·
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the headlight stickers, but I'd opt for without them. You don't want a corner worker to flag you thinking that you have untaped headlights.
my club/s have 5 or 6 bikes, maybe more now, running headlight sticker kits in omrra/wmrra/wsmc the three clubs i'll race the most this season. so the corner workers are already hip to them

but good point, bet i'll get black flagged for having untapped headlights @ a trackday only to let point see that they're merely vinyl :banger:

·
Registered
974 Posts
the 1000rr has one real headlight and one fake...guess which one is fake ? lol of course the corner workers can tell the difference from a distance, if not they need there eyes checked.

·
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
shout out & thanks for loudart on the graphics

http://www.loudartgraphics.com/
all graphics done by these guys

some of the graphics are on; others just mocked up.....

honda got it's wings

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I vote no. It looks kind of neat on endurance racers, but for a track bike I tend to like the ones that look nothing like the street bike.

Maybe see if you can find something else to fill the space, like an evil set of eyes!

·
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
had to get that 600 & rr closer to the stock location
unfortunately i scratched a tiny speck of silver off

this to really confuse the turnworkers j/k
thought it was a fun idea

headlights work too cause i still ride this bike on the street a lot it's got full back brake & turn signals r & g tail tidie keeping me legal w/the running light up front
getting fake turn signals greggs customs from my graphics guy when he's back in town

side view right

side view left

most amazing thing is the racing seat is more comfortable than the stock seat :banger::banger::cruising: tomorrow again, had a great ride today

someone asked about rear brake set up it's carrozzeria hanger w/brembo non billet caliper jp craft reservoir (i think that's the name)
braking rear disc

more pics in album enjoy
http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q66/redridinghood11/

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Ok, I think I am starting to like the look of it after all. Taping up the one light is hilarious!:crackup::crackup::crackup:

·
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, I think I am starting to like the look of it after all. Taping up the one light is hilarious!:crackup::crackup::crackup:
thanks bro
my lady's idea; to mess w/our graphics guy
he also found it amusing :cruising:

w/the number plate taking up the lower half of the windscreen down to where the honda logo is in the center
should see the double takes i'm getting riding around locally

once i get the plate mounted i'll be quick about getting a pic in here for you guys to see.

·
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
okay
after a lot of consideration & looking @ the bike have decided to drop the right front headlight sticker for #'s
already mounted graphics & think it looks much better this with this layout
whenever i get all graphics mounted etc will be sure to post up complete pictures

bike is dedicated to randy pauker aka chevy who was it's painter & made some of the design decisions
if you don't already know, randy passed away weekend before last, due to injuries sustained riding on track
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=189729

roll easy & keep the shiny side up :cruising:

·
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey, is this site still up? I can't get it to work
not sure what's wrong with the site, but thanks for pointing it out
the web person hadn't noticed & it should be working........
contact directly via email
loudart at comcast dot net
for most graphic needs

also, now that they're aware the site should be back operational within a day or two. he wasn't sure....?

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Dude your bike is beautiful! Also wondering where you got your seat padding.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts