Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
The guy is a business man that is involved in many profitable companies. If just about every other company does drug screening felware/foodstamps and every other government assisted program should be on the top of that list. I do not work my butt off to pay for someone else to get part of that money so they can go by drugs with it and a nice big steak from the grocery store. They should be eating beans/rice. You don't need to get gout so I can pay for your medication too. If you think foodstamps can only be used for food your very, very wrong. I have seen it first hand traded for cash on many occations. The government wants to be a business it needs to be run by a business man/woman not someone who has worked for "the people" his/her whole life. NO COMPANY ON THE PLANET CAN SURVIVE THIS MUCH SPENDING!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The guy is a business man that is involved in many profitable companies. If just about every other company does drug screening felware/foodstamps and every other government assisted program should be on the top of that list. I do not work my butt off to pay for someone else to get part of that money so they can go by drugs with it and a nice big steak from the grocery store. They should be eating beans/rice. You don't need to get gout so I can pay for your medication too. If you think foodstamps can only be used for food your very, very wrong. I have seen it first hand traded for cash on many occations. The government wants to be a business it needs to be run by a business man/woman not someone who has worked for "the people" his/her whole life. NO COMPANY ON THE PLANET CAN SURVIVE THIS MUCH SPENDING!!!!!!!!
Amen to that.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Maybe if those that are not familiar with this hopefully you will read it and realize this is a very good route that we should all consider. It just makes sense. Gives the power back to the people. It's our money we should spend it how we want to and on what we want to. Gov't gets the money it gets and that's it. No more. Most of us have budgets and have to work within them. We don't get to change that unless we work harder for it and make sacrifices or more money to get those things we want. http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Isn't it funny how the guy that wants the drug screening for welfare recipients is connected to a company that makes money from drug screening?!....are you serious?
It was said that his company would not be bidding for a contract...

Love how people are saying this is unconstitutional in the comments on there. So it is unconstitutional for you to have to prove you arent taking federally banned substances in order to get free money which comes from my tak dollars, but me having to taking random piss tests to maintain the PRIVALEDGE of WORKING to EARN my money is perfectly fine.

Im proud to be from FL and I hope they stick to their guns with this. Cant wait to see the stats after 6 months of this policy, then hopefully every state will go to this when they see how much money it will actually save.

Its because of this waste that they are now talking pay cuts for the military. At a time when we are involved in three different countries and poking and prodding others all the time. And they want to reduce the military pay. We are gonna be going back to the days where military families were on welfare and receiving food stamps. /endrant

·
Registered
76 Posts
Extremely Well put!

·
Registered
76 Posts
After reading it again....not a fan of this loophole
"Those who fail the required drug testing may designate another individual to receive the benefits on behalf of their children, and do not receive a refund for the test."

So they could have someone else give them money for their drugs?
Just can't win...

·
Super Moderator
2,396 Posts
We are gonna be going back to the days where military families were on welfare and receiving food stamps. /endrant
There is no going back because it still happens. I had some of my guys on welfare and food stamps.

But I do agree that drug testing a great idea.

·
Registered
340 Posts
They should be tested every 6 months too!! I work at a grocery store and am tired of seeing these people who abuse the system. They all always have attitudes like we owe them something, and they buy crab legs and lobster tails and candy and crap like that. But I work for a living and can barely afford to eat each month.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle app

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
if i have to pass a jfuking drug test so i can go to work and PAY TAXES, then all the lazy ass mofo's sitting around collecting need to be aswell.

im 100% AGAINST the whole war on drugs and its endless waste of time/money.

but fawk! y the hell does the other guy get to be riding on his 26" rims smoking a blunt on the way to the welfare office. bitchslap*

·
OG
3,350 Posts
I was at the local HEB today buyin some bar-b-que (HEB = Grocery store, btw) when I observed this couple buyin 4-5lb. bags of shrimp and a few pounds of steaks. I casually made the comment, "You guys sure like shrimp!"... They responded "We don't... But the fish sure do!" This, they said, as they swipe their 'Lone Star Card' (Texas food stamps) to pay for their purchase. :sad3:

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think politicians should have to take drug test as well. All other government employees have to take drug test. What makes them exempt? I bet you at the minimum weed would be legal

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
but fawk! y the hell does the other guy get to be riding on his 26" rims smoking a blunt on the way to the welfare office. bitchslap*
You know, I saw a story one of my friends posted a while ago. It was written by a hospital worker about one particular person who came in for treatment, was on medicaid, yet was wearing air jordans, had gold teeth, gold chains, etc. Why do we foot the bill for people who don't have their priorities straight?

I also think that the whole drug test thing is to get those who are earning money under the table selling drugs, yet still on welfare, out of buisness too. I personally think anybody on welfair should be more likely to be audited, I've heard of a lot of them that work under the table.

I think politicians should have to take drug test as well. All other government employees have to take drug test. What makes them exempt? I bet you at the minimum weed would be legal
I believe Marijuana is far to regulated, and the consequences in some states for using, or being caught with it are WAYY to high (texas, life sentence possible) BUT! There are some bad things about it. It can kick you into schizo, memory problems, and I think a few other things. Very minor compared to other drugs. If I do a drug, ever, this will be it, but I'm not ready to try now, my motorcycle costs enough, and yields enough happiness for me as it is :crackup:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts