Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,787 Posts
Does Crimea have any oil and gas fields? If not, expect no action from the US.

'Freedom' is only granted to places with oil and gas. Of course, they have to pay for their 'freedom' somehow

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does Crimea have any oil and gas fields? If not, expect no action from the US.

'Freedom' is only granted to places with oil and gas. Of course, they have to pay for their 'freedom' somehow
no but it's got Russia's black sea fleet.

·
Registered
14,365 Posts
We can invade Iraq, Afghanistan, Panama, Vietnam, etc. and it's OK. Crimea has an election and decides to join Russia, and we're pissed? **** us, seriously.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Thank you "The X"......

You younger posters are WAY too dismissive of this bad development.

Please remember recent history (or learn just a bit....before it is too late!)

Stalingrad......Leningrad....Berlin ....Russians are tough People, and when they fight, they fight to win!

the Crimea voted to join Russia.....as a believer in self determination, I have to respect their decision......and we have no business interfering there.

We are facing a big moment and this could end up with nukes..

·
Registered
690 Posts
Does anyone think we (The U.S.) would ever be invaded? Pearl Harbor aside, I mean continental U.S. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to form a local militia and fight in my own backyard.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
in my laymen opinion: Putin knows the US wont challenge him militarily. your excursions into Iraq and afghan and your commitments in south korea as well as the situation with Iran, you are just way too committed and hurting from public opinion to challenge him.

looking at it in a different way, tackling Russia in a war will allow all these other areas to become unstable and out of control. Putin is smartly using this opportunity to re-establish Russia as a super power with some bite, and he will continue to do so until Europe ups its military game.

The sad reality is, that with both China and Russia growing its military, and Europe declining its military, the US alone cannot react to Russia's expansion.

regarding the vote to join Russia, i think its a shortsighted decision by a populace yearning for the good old days of perceived Russian unity and dominance, who will regret giving up their independence in the long run.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Does anyone think we (The U.S.) would ever be invaded? Pearl Harbor aside, I mean continental U.S. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to form a local militia and fight in my own backyard.
again as a layman with no military training, id say it would be very expensive for any country to invade and occupy the continental US. Not only is it far from any major enemy, but its large enough to make that a complex objective.

one may consider an occupation of strategic areas such as Washington (the capital) for instance after US military power is defeated.

think about the difficulties you faced in Iraq AFTER the war. now turn that around and see how difficult it will be for an enemy to occupy the US.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
From what I've heard this issue is that they were basically threatened before the vote and that Russia bullied them into voting "Yes". Whether thats true or not, its a UN problem....not a US problem. We can't be the big brother and help everyone, history itself is proof enough that world wide peace and unity will never happen. I'm personally tired of the US going further into debt to help other countries, especially the ones that have the financial means to pay us back. And how do you call out someone for being a bad leader when you are one yourself.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts