Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ITSHAMORTIME, aka David Richards

Had a post of stuff for sale off of his wrecked RR (now deleted...hmmmm). I bought his Jardine exhaust, which he says only has a bent tip and scratch on the band. I ask him to verify that before sending since i wasnt interested if it has any damage. He says there is no damage.

I get the can, with major surface damage. Cracks in the CF sleeve and destryed decals) I have emailed and PM'd him three times. Conveniently he has decided to stop answering my emails and PM's. Moderators have confirmed that he has logged in and read all his PM's.

So if you are reading this David -- you've been given a chance to make it right and you still can. I've asked you for either a partial refund in light of the damage. Or you can refund my money and I'll ship your stuff back.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Private message 1:

These are screenshots of the private messages that were exchanged between the seller and I. They document the conversation that I have described above. I specifically requested that he verify the condition of the items before sending them and told him that if there was extra damage that I would have a problem with it.

Private message 1:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The sleeve of the muffler has 6 major surface flaws, one of which apparently goes all the way through the muffler (#3). For all I know they all could. There are 4 cracks and 2 product decals are damaged. NONE of the 4 cracks or 2 damaged decal damages were described by the seller. See the pictures of the cracks below:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Sorry to hear about that! And to think, i ALMOST bought his seat cowl that "only has very minor surface scratches"!! If he doesnt respond, take it up with paypal...they can and will refund your money at his expense.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jeffro600 said:
Sorry to hear about that! And to think, i ALMOST bought his seat cowl that "only has very minor surface scratches"!! If he doesnt respond, take it up with paypal...they can and will refund your money at his expense.
Already posted a complaint with paypal. I seriously hope he doesn't think he can pull this off and get away with it.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
sad to hear. one thing to realize tho, paypal can only refund your money if there is still money in his paypal account. if he's pulled it out, you're screwed. happened to me.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
BlueBlur said:
sad to hear. one thing to realize tho, paypal can only refund your money if there is still money in his paypal account. if he's pulled it out, you're screwed. happened to me.
Actually, thats not true. They can put his account in the negative if hes already withdrawn the money and can and will freeze his accounts linked to his paypal account...

It happened to me before with some jokester who thought it would be funny.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Good luck with everything, I really hate it when RR.net members try to scam others here, it really takes away from the great community we have.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience with "Shotgunred". He told me that all of the mounting hardware was with the slip-on I was purchasing. However, when I got the package, there was no mounting hardward. After several replies from him saying he would mail them the next day or two, he stopped replying all together. I just chalk it up to a learning experience and dont buy things from people on this site anymore. It is really a case of a few bad apples spoil it for the whole bunch.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts