Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
may not be the right place for this thread but what do you think?

ok so i just get on the freeway and hit a pothole saved it but my handlebars were off (aimed left but going straight)so when i went to get off the freeway i went down....the fork broke so i think the fork oil got on my front tire which may be why i went down....i think....but heres what i need help on honda says they wont warranty it cuz they feel it an insurance issue....i dont....his argument was people hit potholes everyday.....exactly they do and none break...why did mine....i got honda's warranties...just in case....and now i need them and they dont want to deal with me...wtf i looked in "Honda's Motorcycle Warranties" book and it names stuff that voids the warranties and the forks arnt on that list....i want to fight them on this....thats why i bought that extra warranty crap...but now they want me to pay more outa my pocket and F*** me over.......i love my CBR so freaking much best bike i've ever rode(so far) but F*** this $|-|!T

what do i do

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Honestly, I don't think it's a warranty issue. You hit a pothole which means you technically got into an accident. The accident resulted in the damage to the bike. If you were just riding down the street and the fork just blew out on you, then you would have a different story.

·
DID has A beard
322 Posts
I do not agree. Was this your local dealer that said this to you or Honda corporate? This is a brand new bike, not even a year old. I would take it to corporate if you have only talked to your dealership, if you have talked to somebody at Honda, ask to talk to someone else. That is a major break/crack and should be covered under a warrany. People do run over pot holes all the time, **** happens...but i bet dollars to dimes that an overwhelming majority dont snap their forks either.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
true but i didnt go down due to the inital impact....wreck aside....techs at the dealership were telling me it shouldnt have broke there unless there was a head on collision with something....key word HEAD ON.....no damage to the front of te bike what so ever....

·
Registered
286 Posts
Unless he hit the grand canyon, i think that is manufacture defect. Like they said, people hit potholes all the time. I've hit them, and the rest of us. But you don't see anyone else saying this. But the point you would have to prove, is that that happened before you went down, and not during or after. How i don't know.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The problem is that they're going to put the burden of proof on you. The fact that you also went down on the bike doesn't help the matter as they could say that the damage could have been a result of the crash. You can try to fight it, but I would also keep in mind that if it costs you more to fight it then it would to just fix it, then you've got to really think about what you want.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do not agree. Was this your local dealer that said this to you or Honda corporate? This is a brand new bike, not even a year old. I would take it to corporate if you have only talked to your dealership, if you have talked to somebody at Honda, ask to talk to someone else. That is a major break/crack and should be covered under a warrany. People do run over pot holes all the time, **** happens...but i bet dollars to dimes that an overwhelming majority dont snap their forks either.
local said no so i wanted to talk to corporate.....and they said they had to wait to hear back from their techs....seriously im reallying getting tired of getting dicked around...4 F***ing weeks since my local dealers had my bike....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The problem is that they're going to put the burden of proof on you. The fact that you also went down on the bike doesn't help the matter as they could say that the damage could have been a result of the crash. You can try to fight it, but I would also keep in mind that if it costs you more to fight it then it would to just fix it, then you've got to really think about what you want.
i got the parts list its up to 3600 but i know my front rim is dented i saw it (still holding air BTW) and that not on the list and that $550+ so if they missed a really obvious piece of damage wtf else did they miss?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unless he hit the grand canyon, i think that is manufacture defect. Like they said, people hit potholes all the time. I've hit them, and the rest of us. But you don't see anyone else saying this. But the point you would have to prove, is that that happened before you went down, and not during or after. How i don't know.
i had a witness.....thats about it....Had tho i havent talked to him in like 3 weeks and his phones off i have no way of seeing if he's even ok....kinda worried about the guy i hope he didnt crash but thats off topic

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
One thing you should keep in mind is that even if you can get the fork covered under warranty, they may not repair the rest of the bike. Needless to say, your situation is a bit unique so it's hard to say what will happen in the end.

Just remember that when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter what you think or what a bunch of people on an internet forum say, it's what the dealership/Honda decides. Best of luck to you. . .hope it turns out in your favor.

·
Registered
286 Posts
if they come back and say it is there fault, they will probably cover the rest. But that is my take on it. good luck and keep us posted... i'm very interested how this turns out.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
im almost positive that happened during the wreck. no way a pothole would break the fork tube. buy a set of forks off ebay. ive seen them for 300 bucks with low mileage.

·
Registered
49 Posts
sorry to hear about your crash.

i can almost guarantee that honda will never fork over a red cent for this repair. what evidence is there that this was a factory defect? hitting a hole in the ground at 70+ mph most surely can break a non-defective set of forks.

it's not much different if you had hit a deer or a discarded dishwasher in the freeway (i dodged one of those on the way home from work today).

there are potholes, and then there are POTHOLES. there definitely some on 101 near san francisco i have to avoid that could easily take a brand new pair of forks and break the hell out of them. part of life, i guess.

it's almost certainly an insurance issue. unfortunately, since it's not the fault of another driver, it's likely to raise your rates over time.

where do you live? it's possible that you can try and hold the highway maintenance organization liable (caltrans in california), though most people don't get too far with them. they have been known to cough up from time to time, however.

best of luck!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im almost positive that happened during the wreck. no way a pothole would break the fork tube. buy a set of forks off ebay. ive seen them for 300 bucks with low mileage.
like i said b4 tho no head on with anything....no damage to the front....its all on the right side....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sorry to hear about your crash.

i can almost guarantee that honda will never fork over a red cent for this repair. what evidence is there that this was a factory defect? hitting a hole in the ground at 70+ mph most surely can break a non-defective set of forks.

it's not much different if you had hit a deer or a discarded dishwasher in the freeway (i dodged one of those on the way home from work today).

there are potholes, and then there are POTHOLES. there definitely some on 101 near san francisco i have to avoid that could easily take a brand new pair of forks and break the hell out of them. part of life, i guess.

it's almost certainly an insurance issue. unfortunately, since it's not the fault of another driver, it's likely to raise your rates over time.

where do you live? it's possible that you can try and hold the highway maintenance organization liable (caltrans in california), though most people don't get too far with them. they have been known to cough up from time to time, however.

best of luck!
shitty part is...i was going about 30mph there was a car in front of me....

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Honestly, I don't think it's a warranty issue. You hit a pothole which means you technically got into an accident. The accident resulted in the damage to the bike. If you were just riding down the street and the fork just blew out on you, then you would have a different story.
I agree with you..

someone was saying "there are potholes, and then there are POTHOLES. " so true. I don't see why Honda should be covering your damages under warranty.
I'm not trying to piss you off, but try to see how it looks from Honda's side.
How can you prove fork did not break when you went down? Your witness, your friend? Come on there is no way Honda is going to pay you a pennie unless you take them to the court.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I agree with you..

someone was saying "there are potholes, and then there are POTHOLES. " so true. I don't see why Honda should be covering your damages under warranty.
I'm not trying to piss you off, but try to see how it looks from Honda's side.
How can you prove fork did not break when you went down? Your witness, your friend? Come on there is no way Honda is going to pay you a pennie unless you take them to the court.
im not here for arguments...so i wont get mad im here for opinions...and i thought about it from hondas view thats why im trying to figure out why they still got my bike 2 weeks to tell me no then corporate still got me waitng in my 3rd week going on 4. i know im not the only honda rider. out there with issues with them im sure there are more but seriously i got locol telling me no and corporate telling me its pending? i want to know whats going on.....thats my daily driver....

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Get a lawyer that special's In Motorcycle cases, for Examp. My M/C Lawyer Is name Is Chuck Franklin Google even call he might know someone In your state. the guy Is HUGE bad ass lawyer
Good luck
Stephen

may not be the right place for this thread but what do you think?

ok so i just get on the freeway and hit a pothole saved it but my handlebars were off (aimed left but going straight)so when i went to get off the freeway i went down....the fork broke so i think the fork oil got on my front tire which may be why i went down....i think....but heres what i need help on honda says they wont warranty it cuz they feel it an insurance issue....i dont....his argument was people hit potholes everyday.....exactly they do and none break...why did mine....i got honda's warranties...just in case....and now i need them and they dont want to deal with me...wtf i looked in "Honda's Motorcycle Warranties" book and it names stuff that voids the warranties and the forks arnt on that list....i want to fight them on this....thats why i bought that extra warranty crap...but now they want me to pay more outa my pocket and F*** me over.......i love my CBR so freaking much best bike i've ever rode(so far) but F*** this $|-|!T

what do i do

rest of the damage pics here

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=403663&albumId=2000927

1 - 20 of 82 Posts