Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying my new 09 today and the dealer wants to know if I want to get the Honda Extended Warranty for the bike.... Do you guys think its worth it or have any experience with the warranty? Are there conditions that don't allow you to modify the bikes? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bought mine with my 09. The biggest reason is that it was transferable, if i sell the bike i sell it with a warranty. they said that it does not void the warrenty to mod your bike, however i did pay the dealership to install my slip on and power commander v. so that i would have a honda shop recept to go with my mods. I beleave that this will cover any issues that i would have

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks matt... i really like that it can be transferred as well! does anyone know if the honda dealerships have to do the work to have it covered? I was planning on doing everything myself...

·
Registered
121 Posts
I do all of my work myself with the exception of what i listed. I figgured that the pcv changed the computer on the bike so i would let the dealer do it, ten grand on a bike whats $75. to make sure the warranty is still good. my dealer told me that it did not void any warrentys.
Where in p burg are you. I will be there in june for a fam thing and am bringing my bike thinking about heading to the laural highlands for some twisties.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I would double check that mods are covered.. I don't think that is true. Just like with cars, if you change something that is not going to be covered..

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
its a Honda...you don't need a warranty!

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
Its a Honda ie if you love it and give her good care she will last a long time
save your funds for future mods unless you are a careless owner not that you are
one then by all means by the extended warranty .

Got to remember when you have that extended warranty the dealer will
haggle you more then just simply repair the bike as if it is during the first
12 month ot 12k miles

·
Registered
655 Posts
Not worth it. Just like warranty that comes with electronics they really don't cover much and you just got hosed for the extra cash.

Unless it is like some of the new warranties they sell where if you break it, they'll give you a new one then hell yeah.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i do plan to do some racing, but i feel that if something were to happen, they will probably find some way to back out of it saying it was used past standard riding applications or something like that...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Thousand bucks for an extra 4 years of coverage...I did it when I got my 07. It's peace of mind, and makes sure that if you break something major, you're covered. Just make sure you save service history to be able to prove that the bike hit all it's service intervals!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Total waste of money IMO.. the dealership kept hounding me on buying the warranty and wouldn't stop. I didn't get it knowing that I was gonna be changing alot on the bike which isn't covered.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
$1000 for warranty, you can buy a new engine for that.. Buy a new engine keep it in the garage next to your bike and if something happens swap it out.. Take about 2 hours to do. Or take that money buy some gear and enjoy it. Take care of it and you will not have any issues, you made the right choice in buying a Honda, no sense in paying more for it than you need to...

·
Registered
121 Posts
for a grand you are getting f***ed, I got 4 years honda extended for under 500 bucks and it is transferable. thats why I bought a new bike was becouse everything i saw used had no warranty. I may not have this bike for ever I may move up to a liter bike and I think I will get the $500.00 back no problem when I sell with a warranty.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts