Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
noob question!
just got done cleaning and lubing the chain (used tirox 360 brush, good stuff highly recommend) and used pj1 blue label for the lube. would it be okay to wash my bike now? i dont wanna wash off all the lube that i just applied. its my only day off this week, its either get everything done today or wait til next week. need answer quick! thank you!

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
yea, just restrain from getting toooooo much water / soap on the freshly done chain...

next time reverse the order of events ;)

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Best way to learn imo. Now you'll remember why you should do it in that order.

Reactions: rsxcbr

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
yep thanks. i guess i can just lube it some more after the wash

probably wont need it really

remember to go along with lubing the chain, the other function of chain lube is to protect it from water as long as your not just pissing water all over it it should be a non issue.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just got done washing the bike, its shiny again! i'll hold back on lubing the chain until a couple hundred miles down the road then. thanks for the response!

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
just got done washing the bike, its shiny again! i'll hold back on lubing the chain until a couple hundred miles down the road then. thanks for the response!

I would say, take it out for a good ride, then come back and give it a small lube up, the clean your lower while your down there,

good luck post some pics of a freshly washed bike,

·
Registered
119 Posts
I always lube then wash that way i dont have to clean the runny oily chain mess off the bike and cement. once chain oil sets it sticks and wont let go. when i first started doing it that way i would check afterwards and i never saw any signs of lube washing off. i even sprayed the chain with industrial degreaser i use on some parts of the bike, i get the stuff at work and its awesome, but still without scrubbing wont affect the chain lube.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I always lube then wash that way i dont have to clean the runny oily chain mess off the bike and cement. once chain oil sets it sticks and wont let go. when i first started doing it that way i would check afterwards and i never saw any signs of lube washing off. i even sprayed the chain with industrial degreaser i use on some parts of the bike, i get the stuff at work and its awesome, but still without scrubbing wont affect the chain lube.
i know what you mean, after i cleaned the chain, i had to hose off all the dirt before lubing it, made a mess on the garage floor.....then i hosed the garage down HAHA! i havent lubed it up after the wash, but i will go for another short ride tonight. once i get home i'll get it up on the rear stand and lube in up for 1-2 cycles so the lube can fully dry up over night

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
you are doing it wrong if you are making a giant mess on every thing

i only clean any thing after im done because of over spray on my chain, given i use belray super clean, which is white lithium based, it makes a strong contrast on my chain, so i clean off the outer links so it doesnt look so bad ;)

i might get a few spots on my lowers if i am careless ... after a ride.

·
Registered
14,379 Posts
I just use honda wash on the fairings and rims. Avoid getting extra water on the chain and such
I use a hose, bucket and walmart car sponge on the Ducati. Oh yeah, that blue walmart car soap too. Dry with a couple microfiber towels, let the sun dry the rest.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.