Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this might sound like a newbie question...but is there anything i should be careful about when I wash the bike with water and soap? I usually just use honda spray, but this time around. I need to rub her down nice and good. I haven't washed it for over a month and it has so much **** from riding. any pre-cautions or is it just like washing a car? Thank you guys.

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
Don't let it get water logged. . .

I'm just playin, everytime i do i just use a hose to knock of all the debris or whatever, then i use like a soft cloth and soap, maybe i'm wrong but it' hasn't messed up yet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Two things you want to be careful of:

1. Try not to get any water in the exhaust (i.e. spray water directly from the rear).
2. Do not spray water directly on any of the bearings (espically the wheel bearings)

Other then that, have fun.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just used buckets with some detergent

H

·
0 Posts
i drop mine in the pool and then ride her out...

j/k..

i usaully just mist the bike and then wash... then rinse.. i never really soak the bike...

·
Registered
784 Posts
dballer324 said:
i use a leaf blower to dry it too, no water marks
Heh, yea this is how I dry it too. Works great, no water marks and the neighbors think you're nuts.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I got this from some car fanatics and I do it now too:

Use two buckets. One with your water/soap solution and another with plain water. Get a hose sprayer that has a "shower" mode. Spray off debris from the whole bike then use a micro fibre cloth to soap up only one section of the bike at a time rinsing immediately after washing that section. Wring out the cloth and rinse it in the plain water bucket and wring it and rinse it and wring it and then put it in the water/soap bucket and wash the next section of your bike. :repeat 'till done, duh:

The theory behind this is that you'll never be transfering dust and debris particles back to your clean water/soap solution.

I was amazed at how dirty the plain water bucket gets!

This may be totally anal but I could barely afford this bike and I plan on taking care of it the best I can so if it means springing a couple extra bucks for another bucket I'm gonna do it :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
1,100psi pressure washer. . . ROCKZ!!! j/k. . . sometimes, though.

Just use some common sense. Its not a car so it doesn't need a whole lot. I just mist mine to get her wet, then goto town with a mit and some zaino car wash liquid. Then I spoil her with a wax and treat her to a nice candle light dinner. . . and then. . .

ok i'm done. . . I don't go that far though with the waxing because lets just say it isn't gonna help that much.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well I'm pretty ghetto so I just use a hair dryer. It takes a few days and but buy the time I'm done I could give a Sh** about streaks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts