Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you guys wash do you use buckets of water or a hose? Also what areas is a must to stay away from on these bikes? Another is what do you use to ensure all water is gone and bike is completely dried (behind fairings, little nooks and crannies) and what do you use to dry your bikes off?

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I rarely ever spray my bike with a hose but once or twice a season before I wax it. Personaly I would and have spray water everywhere on it but I would not hook the hose up to the exhaust and spray water down it for fun. ;)

I guess stay away from the gauges the most if I had to pick one area and after you are done, run the bike ride away to burn off any lingering water.

Jason

PS: Plexus works wonders!!

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Nothing wrong with soaking the bike down. Avoid a heavy direct spray at the gauge cluster, air intakes, and the exhaust hole but other than that go at it. Before selling these things they pretty much test them in a monsoon so anything you do with a hose won't hurt it.

·
7,847 Posts
I agree beacuse if you get stuck in the rain, it's gonna get wet.

Jason

·
Registered
173 Posts
GA_RR said:
Nothing wrong with soaking the bike down. Avoid a heavy direct spray at the gauge cluster, air intakes, and the exhaust hole but other than that go at it. Before selling these things they pretty much test them in a monsoon so anything you do with a hose won't hurt it.

+1.....

I use a hose and a bucket and wash it like I do my cars. I use my air hose to dry the bike off. Then wax it up with some honda polish.

Brent

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
600RR_newbie said:
+1.....

I use a hose and a bucket and wash it like I do my cars. I use my air hose to dry the bike off. Then wax it up with some honda polish.

Brent
Honda polish works well for cleaning between waxing but I wouldn't use it as my primary paint protection. You should probably shoot for a month/bimonthly true wax to really protect the bike.

·
Registered
173 Posts
GA_RR said:
Honda polish works well for cleaning between waxing but I wouldn't use it as my primary paint protection. You should probably shoot for a month/bimonthly true wax to really protect the bike.
I usaully wax it with emerald platinum from turtle wax every other month. It works great. I use the honda polish almost on a daily basis. I have a black bike very hard to keep clean.

Brent

·
7,847 Posts
Honda Polish is good but I'm a Plexus man myself.

Jason

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
i hose it down all the time. and wash it with soap. dry it off with a leaf blower. never had a problem.. i hope our bikes were meant to be riden in the rain and get wet, some of the guys on here are silly.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
I never let my bike get so dirty to the point where i need to hose er down. I usualy wash it with a damp diaper to get all the bugs off, then use a dry diaper to get all the road dust off the wheels n such. Then I usually turtle wax it up. Its beautiful:)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Its a bike, some you guys act likes in your mothers china.

Hitting it with a pressure washer may not be a great idea.

·
7,847 Posts
919 said:
Its a bike, some you guys act likes in your mothers china.

Hitting it with a pressure washer may not be a great idea.
It's a work of art damn it! =]

Jason

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I use a low pressure sprayer attached to my house hose and just spray it all down, then use soap and a sponge to wash everything and then spray it down again. I use towel type things to dry it. I dont really worry about gettting all the nooks and crannies because theyll dry in a hurry when Im on it. Sometimes I leave the seat cowl off for an hour or so to let the trunk dry though. It shouldnt hurt anything anyways. Its ok to leave our bikes out in the rain so I wouldnt think spraying it down would hurt anything.

·
Registered
739 Posts
A friend of mine at the dealership I used to work at has a 954 and he takes it everyday out to the porter lot and washes it down with the pressure washer and then just takes 2-3 laps around the automall then dries the rest by hand. His 954 is an 02 and it looks like it just rolled of the showroom

·
Registered
796 Posts
I nearly use Honda Polish daily. It works wonders, in my opinion its better than plexus, which i have also used. Not everyone will agree with me here, but thats my 2cents.

I am interested in what kind of normal wax you guys use? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I use Kit wax in the yellow container. Seems to work pretty well and it's easy to apply/remove.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
well i use the mr clean auto wash thing to wet my bike then it applies soap through the nozzle and with a mit i scrub it down and apply the drying agent and in 30 minutes the bike is dry and spotless!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I just wash the bike w/a bucket of water and dry it w/a soft towel, and honda polish.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts