Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....cars backing up.

Today, I was on my way to work and came to a stop sign. There was a truck that I pulled behind and thought it was waiting to turn left as there is always traffic here. Instead, it started backing up. I honked my horn but it continued to back up. While keeping the horn on, I pulled the clutch and put my right arm out in front of me against the back of the truck. It pushed me back 15-20ft. Then my bike started going underneath the truck... my bike went down and I flew back as well. What amazed me is that the guy kept backing up and dragged my bike about 10ft underneath it... Im alright, but my bike is gonna be OOC for a while...

Anyway, I just thought Id share so you could be alert for these situations... Its not my first time.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Man that's a crazy thing to happen. I bet it scared the crap out of you. What did he say when he finally stopped?

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
yeah, did the guy say anything? that is seriously messed up. I saw a car try to do that before to somone at a bike meet, then stopped when about 30 bikers started pounding on the car. I hope your bike gets totally paid for when all is said and done.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
dude wtf that is so seriously messed up, i'm actually pissed. how can people be so retarded? what made him finally stop? why did he not look behind him? why was he moving the WRONG DIRECTION on the road? that has to be against the law, did you call the cops and did he get a ticket?

oh, and what kind of truck was it? just a regular pickup truck?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I remeber reading super sportbikes, twin R1's, both with 50k work of fabrication in to them (not twins, but cost wise yes) were totaled after some dumb bimbo backed over them with her ginormous SUV RIGHT AFTER THE PHOTOSHOOT. While I am not in to those kind of bikes, i can respect the time/money put in to them.

·
Simmonds steak Do not leave the kitchen without it
14,811 Posts
i would have started pounding on the rear gate of the truck. Maybe flipped it down so it made a big sound. I would have been pissed if someone did that to me, i might just flip out. I cant believe some people are that retarded... ug.. just pisses me off and makes me feel that much more safe at while i ride.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
At least you're OK, but that is messed up. It's amazing the stupid things people do - I can't believe he didn't notice. Sounds like you stayed pretty cool considering what happened.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Quick thinking to use your arm to push off the truck. I guess now would be a good time to say +1 for loud pipes. You couldve slapped that sucker in neutral and reved the krap out of it. Maybe bubba would have heard it and thought he was running over a bass boat or something. Im sure that would have got the pricks attention, unless he was flirting with his sister on his cell phone while he was doing the no look reverse maneuver. +1 for surviving that one bro!

·
Registered
779 Posts
nah, he probably wouldn't have heard that either. This is why I like to pull to the side of cars at stop signs and lights. That way if they do some stupid **** I can just get out of the way faster.

K

·
0 Posts
QQ

why wouldn't you include the first part of your post with the last part of the topic? I can understand CV's frustration with you guys...

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Knightslugger said:
QQ

why wouldn't you include the first part of your post with the last part of the topic? I can understand CV's frustration with you guys...
It is called a teaser intro. I get frustrated with it too, but I understand it being done, because there are some things that I wanted to intro like that too.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
KhMeRGuY978 said:
that sucks. i never ride right behind anyone. i always ride to the left or right.

when i'm at stoplights 90% of the time i move to the left/right of the car. i think i'm gonna make a better effort to do that 100% of the time now.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I watched a lady do that once to a couple on a bike,she ended up crushing the girls legs before she stopped................and she was on the cell phone.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
wow...that is all i can really say. glad to hear you got away without getting hurt...the bike on the other hand, i would of passed out from so much rage. especially if he would of dragged it under his truck for an additionaly 10 ft.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
BroChaos said:
dude wtf that is so seriously messed up, i'm actually pissed. how can people be so retarded? what made him finally stop? why did he not look behind him? why was he moving the WRONG DIRECTION on the road?

I got a good guess.....he was probably on the fukin cell phone!!!!!:sad3:

But like others have said...whenever I pull behind large vehicles or any vehicle with tinted windows, I always move about a foot away from either side of them, that way they can see you in their sideviews and if their really stupid like in this case....I can just hop off the bike and determine how bad of a beaten they are about to recieve!

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Dr.Spank said:
I got a good guess.....he was probably on the fukin cell phone!!!!!:sad3:

But like others have said...whenever I pull behind large vehicles or any vehicle with tinted windows, I always move about a foot away from either side of them, that way they can see you in their sideviews and if their really stupid like in this case....I can just hop off the bike and determine how bad of a beaten they are about to recieve!

That didn't help me tho. I was all away to the left so the driver can see me in their sideviews and about 50-75 ft back.
This mofo in the truck was about 7-5ft before running me over. Along with my sister that i was droping off to pickup her car.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts