Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a pretty good view of my bike from my work area and today, i noticed something a little odd. There were probably a half dozen other bikes in the lot and i noticed mine seemed to be leaning more that usual. I didnt think anything of it and continued about my day. Our weather got pretty warm today...around the lower 90s. I got called out to go do something for about 2 hours in the early afternoon and when i peeked out the window, the bike was leaning WAY too far over. I went outside and found that the kickstand had sank nearly 3 inches down into the asphalt!! And this particular parking lot was built probably 4 years ago so its not just new asphalt that does this! I looked around the parking lot and found 2 other bikes that had done the same thing. I moved them over a couple inches and left the ownesr a little note. I made a small little peice of sheet metal that fits in my back pocket that im going to carry around with me on hot days to help distribute the weight of the kickstand a little better....

Keep an eye out where you park!!!!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I always get nervous leaving my bike on asphalt during hot days...last year i got a piece of wood that fit perfectly under the seat, so I would just put that under the kickstand.

·
Registered
263 Posts
O man, the other day I had a meeting after work and I rode to it. It was at a building that had been newly renovated and the asphalt was new. I knew this, so I parked so I could put the kickstand on the paint of the parking spot to help a possible sinking issue. It was after 6pm when I got to teh meeting and was in it for only an hour and a half. When I came out, my bike was almost sideways. I was freaking. Luckily it didnt take a spill or I think you would have seen me in the paper on my 4 state killing spree. Isn't there a company that makes little pucks that you can carry under the seat that evensout the pressure on asphalt? I luckily have a clean concrete slab to park on.

·
Registered
508 Posts
had this happen to a buddy of mine earlier this week. I dont know how his bike was even still standing up. I also need to get somethin to put under kickstand. not just for asphalt but for parking in the grass as well. kickstand has a tendency of sinking.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I avoid asphalt all together and make my own parking spaces on something concrete, no pun intended. At stores ill park in front on the sidewalks next to the building if they dont have concrete islands in the lot.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I saw this problem one day as well, so I parked my bike at a bicycle rack on concrete... My university did not like that too much :D

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
i try and find something, anything helps, and stick it under the kickstand, you can always find some kinda trash or somthin in a parkin lot.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
that kind of thing always happens around here, I keep a round piece of plastic to put under the stand when I park.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Now I'm all worried...my bike should be fine I guess. The pavement I'm parked on has to be at least 10 years old. I'm still gonna check it in the morning.

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
You can buy little pucks that will actually let you park on gravel. Im sure the link above goes to something simmilar.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Those damn asphalts...and I think what is even worse is that I think the 600rr kick stand is kind of flimsy or at least when i compare it to other bike, always looks like it will fall over if the wind blows.

H

·
0 Posts
that same thing happened to me... and it does happen often.. mostly because you have a lot of weight focused on the stand, and the tip is small.. the best way to prevent this is to place something under the stand to distribute some of the weight...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts