Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I went riding yesterday at night in the country. When I came home I noticed the entire front of the bike was literally covered by bugs. I washed my bike using one of those soap/water hoses that you attach to a garden hose. I didn't really realize what I was doing since my mind was other places but I sprayed a lot of soap directly into the intake and then of course I used the hose to wash the soap out. I realized I was an idiot once I was done and let the bike sit a while. I haven't started it up because I'm afraid water will get into the engine. I rolled it into the garage and will probably not ride it for a few days. Do you think it will just dry up or am I doomed to suck water into my engine. Tearing the bike apart to get to the air filter isn't really an option right now due to limited time.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
There's a 'hill' in the intake specifically to prevent water from getting up there, and yeah you can ride in the pouring rain so it's water tight to a degree. I think if you didn't blast high pressure water up in there you're probably okay.

Inside the airbox are four plastic 'trumpets' that stand a couple inches off the bottom of the airbox; that's the only path to the engine, so you'd really have to force a lot of water in there to get it up over those trumpets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts