Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i wash my bike and today i was on the gas station and i see that is water on the tank, have mm i dont know how to call it, but it was water so is this ok or is wrong, i know gas and water dont get well, any advices how to fix it are welcome and thanx guys, hope nothing bad happen with my fuel and engine. :S

rodrigo

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
oh my god, call the mechanic emergency hotline. this is no joke! water made its way up from a crevices via wind and made resting on your tank. Hurry before it's too late!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Water on the tank or water in the tank?

If water on the tank, no worries. You do know that you can ride motorcycles in the rain right?

If water in the tank, problems. I would drain the tank, fill up with fresh gas, and throw in some dry gas to absorb any remaining moisture. Also, stop washing your bike with the gas cap open. ;)

·
Registered
810 Posts
I think that the vast majority on this forum are going to assume that:

1. This is your first bike
2. You don't ride in the rain.

if you ride faster the gas / water will mysteriously disappear ¬! & no it's not magic :icon_hang

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Just the average bunch of haters around here is all, no surprise. The guy is from TJ and built his bike from the ground up, which is something that most of you do not know how to do. He did it on his own without the f-ing book too, so be impressed. He may have issues with his English, but I bet most of us would have issues writing in Spanish..NO?

Water in the tank mixed with gas is no good. If it were me I'd drain it out and run Seafoam through it or a like cleaner.

Water on the tank is normal as you know and you must realize that given your cababilities.

Good Luck!

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
seems obvious to me with his broken english he meant water in the tank...

do as james06cbr & cnk said

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
HAHA, i have never seen such a bunch of sarcastic arseholes in such a close location.

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL i know my english is bad sorry about that. and thanx for helping me i try my best with the rebuilt i doit with the manual ok, i speak better than i write and i dont know some ot lots of words about bike parts, so there is no water in the tank i xplain wrong, no i dont ride in the rain yet!, is so funny how you see a defect or some bad things on people and you just say bad or funny things instead you help but any way is ok for me i take the good comments. and i dont wash my bike with the fuel cap open LOL, so im going to write it on spanish and hope some friend here that know english translade for me or better help me in spanish.

no hay aguan en el tanke, cuando puse gasolina abri el tapon y hay una como ceja en la tapa de gasolina donde se kedo el agua, no cayo en el tanke, no se si esto es normal o mi tapa de gasolina no sella bien, le tomare una foto y la pondre aqui mas tarde, muchas gracias por ayudarme en esto de verdad, se que mi ingles no es bueno me falta practicar pero aun asi reconstrui la moto desde cero como dicen.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just the average bunch of haters around here is all, no surprise. The guy is from TJ and built his bike from the ground up, which is something that most of you do not know how to do. He did it on his own without the f-ing book too, so be impressed. He may have issues with his English, but I bet most of us would have issues writing in Spanish..NO?

Water in the tank mixed with gas is no good. If it were me I'd drain it out and run Seafoam through it or a like cleaner.

Water on the tank is normal as you know and you must realize that given your cababilities.

Good Luck!
THANX FOR SAY THAT MAN I APPRECIATE IT i try my best to write right but i dont know sometimes or most of the time, and no there is no water on the tank i will post some pics think is better that 1000 words... thanx again and i will put some additive and cleaners thanx.

rodrigo

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
So, water is inside the gas cap?

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
es normal si estas usando manguera para lavar tu moto.

and i wasn't being a jerk about the spanish thing....i totally understand....if you want you can PM any other issues. im a fellow bean as you can tell by my locations, one is El Zapote, Michoacan.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes is inside the gas cap, and thanx patron i will do that.

muchas gracias, si lavo la moto con manguera y ps me asuste LOL pero ya no lo hare, gracias otra ves y cuando te un problema lo hare y no te preocupes por lo de el lenguaje.

rodrigo

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Don't take my post the wrong way. . it's all in fun. And yes, I'm a sarcastic SOB sometimes. :)

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Water inside the gas cap but around the filler neck?

I had the exact same thing - somehow, I had kinked the drain hose that allows it to drain. The drain tube is one of the two thick rubber hoses that runs over the left side of the engine and exits down by the kickstand/lower fairing. My drain tube had gotten shoved back into a recess in the engine; I just pulled on it and the water (and sludge) came out once it straightened.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts