Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

As this is a new bike of mine, I'm just curious to know the average water temp. - obviously once engine has warmed up.
Mine was pretty constant at 78C - 80C however air temp was 0C, 40 minute ride in varied conditions.

Is this normal & what readings are other people seeing?

Pete

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
so a bit low then !
not surprising - it was fairly nippy
No, by no means should you consider that low. That is high normal. Mine while cruising around averages as low as 175F and never goes above 230F sitting in traffic during hot summer.

·
"Superman dat hoe"
1,702 Posts
Yeah 230F is hot. I say on the freeway no matter the temp it is around 180 give or take conditions. In traffic or stop and go it goes to 224 and stays about there at lights. Even in the heat it doesnt go higher but rather just gets to 224 faster. If you are at 230 on a regular basis then I would flush the system with distilled water maybe 5 times and then just use Water Wetter.

K

·
0 Posts
well thats good to know
Saw 82c today but was using plenty of beens ! :icon_lol: Then stabilized at 78C

Pete
Even if it gets above 90 that's ok too. i routinely see 86 degrees on the highways in 6th gear going about 100 KPH on an 80 degree day. anywhere between 75 and 95 is alright. if it gets above 100, i would begin to worry about cooling the engine ASAP. the 600RR engine heats up fast.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
right at 180 in the texas heat at highway speed
230 at a normal light
i saw 237 at a 10 minute light in 103 heat once

still as soon as we finally got a green it cooled back to 200 as soon as i started moving and then to 190

1 - 13 of 13 Posts