Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, so any help here would be awesome thx. i rode my bike yesterday morning ( a 2005 cbr 600rr completely stock aside from flushmounts and a fender eliminator kit). it rained last night and my bike gets parked outside so it got quite wet. then i went to start it this morning and it ran for about a 1/4 of a second then quit. all the lights still come on and the bike will easily crank. just seems like its not getting fuel. has a new battery in it thats like 3 weeks old. i spratyed out my main harness connecters that i could see and sprayed them with a water repellant and the two fuses that i could find werent blown. so any ideas? i know theres lots of no start bike threads on here but i cant find one thats quite like mine. im letting it dry out for a day and ill try again tomorrow but any thoughts would be appreciated

·
Registered
138 Posts
I also find this strange. I've left my bike in the rain as well as rode it in pretty intense rainfall (WA weather for you) and I've never had a problem. Sorry I can't help you out, but good luck with the fix. If it doesn't start after a day of drying maybe try uploading a vid so the guys on here can help diagnose the problem easier.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Fuses are under the left mid fairing... check them and see how you go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k. checked fuses. all good. when i tried starting it this morning it once again ran for about 1/2 a second then died. so fuel is trickling in over a certain amount of time? and my fuel pump doesnt prime. which is all waaaaay above my mechanical skill level! so i suppose ill go read some fuel pump threads and book my baby a appointment with honda for monday. thanks for all the tips

1 - 5 of 5 Posts