Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I started riding back in '92, I remember waving at everybody and all waved back (except young guys on HD).
I took a break from riding for a few years. Now I'm at it again, but now the only return waves I get are from fellow sportbike riders (except a group of 7-8 riders that routinely ignore me going east and west on Ortega, Sunday AM between 6-8)
I always felt a kind of a "brotherhood" thing with fellow riders, but that, sadly is fading away...
On a good note, I ALWAYS get a wave back from 600RR riders.
I'm just going to continue waving, it never hurts...[/u]

C

·
0 Posts
I wave everytime it's safe! Even to those uptight Harley guys...lol

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
I wave as well...but you'll always have those f-ers that think they are better than you....screw em!

keep waving man

·
Registered
704 Posts
I wave, then once they pass me i flip em the bird. :mrgreen: j/k, i wave to anyone and everyone. IF they don't wave back, they can suck my **** and hope they choke on a pube.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've been waving and having some "reply" waves. A lot of the Harley guys just stare me down though. lol. It was hilarious, I bought the bike on Tuesday and was out at the bowling alley showing my friend. This guy in his early 50's walks out with his wife and says in a scruff voice, "Not bad, but it's not a Harley...." I was like "Yeah, maybe I'll get one of those when I'm 60 or so." :p He just kinda scowled and got onto his bike and drove off.

U

·
0 Posts
I always wave. If they wave back, good, if not I didn't lose anything.

·
Registered
937 Posts
a wave, a nod, or a beed of horn, i acknowldge riders. being nice is nice.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
i always wave no matter what... if they dont wave back... i still wave... for me, like what powerranger said, its a type of "brotherhood" and most of the times, Harley riders even wave back...

·
Registered
255 Posts
darwin316 said:
I always wave...unless I'm too busy paying attention to cagers. Some people wave, some dont... :bitchslap:
+1

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
wave... usually people here have the "aloha spirit" and wave back. on base, all of the military riders wave to each other (as long as it's safe - of course). if i don't get a return wave, who cares! if waving is not practical at the time (you are just taking off froma stop light or braking), the head nod is my next option.

·
Registered
209 Posts
natecoop said:
wave... usually people here have the "aloha spirit" and wave back. on base, all of the military riders wave to each other (as long as it's safe - of course). if i don't get a return wave, who cares! if waving is not practical at the time (you are just taking off froma stop light or braking), the head nod is my next option.
Yeah, pretty much same thing for me as well. :) Aloha

BTW, the one thing I do hate about waving now here in Hawaii are those new scooters that are out that look like motorcycles... I'll see one coming up and think it's a bike and wave and turns out to be a guy on one of those scooters. I never wave to people on those things. Especially the kids trying to show out on them and want to race you.

·
Registered
494 Posts
T-Rock said:
BTW, the one thing I do hate about waving now here in Hawaii are those new scooters that are out that look like motorcycles... I'll see one coming up and think it's a bike and wave and turns out to be a guy on one of those scooters. I never wave to people on those things. Especially the kids trying to show out on them and want to race you.
Just race them in 1st gear... it usually tends to take care of the problem. :p

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Yeah, pretty much same thing for me as well. :) Aloha

:lol: exactly!! those things are a hot item here too, huh?

1 - 20 of 170 Posts