Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since I have finally bought a nice, new, shiny bike, I want to keep it looking as good as possible. What kind of wax and cleaning products do you all use on your bikes? I have heard a lot of people talk about "honda shine" I dont know what it is but it seems like it works from what I have read. Can I use regular car wax on my bike? Is there anything that helps keep it scratch free? Any info/help you can give me so I can keep it lookin good will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
532 Posts
I just used Turtle Wax's new Ice on mine this past weekend. Got that slick wet look. Is a synthetic wax that can be used on the "whole bike". Plastic and all. Leaves it looking very clean, no white hazing to be had.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
pc911x said:
I just used Turtle Wax's new Ice on mine this past weekend. Got that slick wet look. Is a synthetic wax that can be used on the "whole bike". Plastic and all. Leaves it looking very clean, no white hazing to be had.
pc911x...thanx for the review.
ive been eye ballin that Turtle Wax Ice....gonna have to give a try sometime.

::edit::

btw...i use meguiars nxt car wash and zymol for wax. in betweens...ill either
rewash and use honda polish. or jus use honda polish without washing.
all depends how much dirt, dust and grime the bike has if i wash at all.

use microfiber towels to clean, wipe and dry.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pc911x, your bike looks sweet! I am going to get some of that Ice stuff right away! Where did you get it? Props man!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Besides the industrial stuff we use for detailing vehicles before shoots here at work, Mother's and Meguiar's cleaning products are simply the best products out there to use. A little more pricy, but worth it in my opinion. Make sure you use good micro-fiber cloths for all of your waxing if you want to stay away from scratches.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I use Honda Polish and Meguires NXT. Works great and my paint is smooth as silk.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
roguegeek said:
Of course, the other thing you could have done was not buy a black bike. :beer:
Yeah, I could have gotten another color, but the RR looks so sweet in black! Dont you agree?!?!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
show room glaze to wet slutty finish to turtle wax layer right on top.

·
Registered
532 Posts
EricJYbarra - You can get the TW Ice at any Pep Boys. Before you use it, be sure to wash your bike with Dawn dish soap to remove the old wax. I then used Maguires Show Glaze to remove the fine scratches and some gunk on the lowers. Then the Ice is the icing on the cake...

Have fun & be safe

·
Registered
356 Posts
EricJYbarra said:
Yeah, I could have gotten another color, but the RR looks so sweet in black! Dont you agree?!?!

black is a sweet color... just bought a black one two weeks ago... an it looks tight when its clean.... the red an black looks sweet when its clean also but not as good as the black!!! props on gettin the black!

·
Registered
356 Posts
roguegeek said:
Besides the industrial stuff we use for detailing vehicles before shoots here at work, Mother's and Meguiar's cleaning products are simply the best products out there to use. A little more pricy, but worth it in my opinion. Make sure you use good micro-fiber cloths for all of your waxing if you want to stay away from scratches.
aight such a noobe question here... but where do u get micro-fiber cloths... ive heard about these an never really looked for them... but i just always used really smooth towel or old shirt.

·
Registered
532 Posts
ridetilidie - Just an FYI. When you go looking for the Micor Fiber rags, get the good ones. Some of the cheaper brands will not last more than a few wash/dry cycles.
And speaking of washing and drying. Wash them by themselves. If you don't they will pick up every small peice of lint in the washer. And drying, again by themelves and do not dry them all the way, leave them a "little" damp.

And just for the record. I really miss by all black CBR. She was really sweet looking....

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I go to target and costco for microfiber cloths. you get a twelve pack for like 7 bux. I have all of the meguiars stuff they make, and some of the turtle wax along with others. the Meguiars gel is easiest to use by far. My black tribal collects bugs and dust like nobodies business. so hard to keep a black bike clean

oh yea, the meguiars quick detail with a microfiber is an easy way to keep the plastics lookin good with minimal work. honda polish also works well

·
Registered
364 Posts
EricJYbarra said:
Black is cool. It would have been my second pick over the red I bought. Black is just a hell of a color to keep clean and I'd rather not deal with the hassle, plus I'm just a red kinda guy. I think I'm a fan of the '05 black over the '06 though. Like the silver decals over the red ones from this year. :beer:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts