Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hey real quick (it's late and I need sleepies, plus my eyes are killing me from searching this site for hours!) :)

Anyway, I'm 33 and recently got back into riding after about a 10 year lapse. I got an old '85 Honda Nighthawk 650 running a while back, and have been riding it about the past three months (needless to say the riding bug bit me HARD!) So, I was drooling for something better, and I came across an 03 CBR600RR red/black color scheme with a new stock battery, almost new Diablo rear tire, and under 6K miles for $5,500 obo. I got it last weekend for $4,500!

It has some cosmetic issues, but for $400 in OEM parts they will be fixed, plus I ordered some extra goodies like these front signals: http://www.rocketsportbike.com/images/greggshonda600rrf4i.jpg , RR clear grips, polished bar ends, braided rear brake line, and rear seat cowl to spice it up a little more (that's a good start, ay?) The bike in the turnsignal pic above is the same color as mine. Overall the bike is in great shape.

I just want to say I'm so glad I came across this site, it flat-out ROCKS! I have found so much great info (and websites) here in two days it is sick. Speaking of sick, I love my bike!!! It is my first sportbike, and now I know what it feels like to have a "real" bike. All I want to do is drive it around (being in sunny Florida helps a lot).

I know this is a long post, but I'm just excited about my new ride. When I can't ride my bike I have a '98 white BMW M3 sedan to keep me happy...ahhh I'm really blessed. I just don't know which ride to mod next (tough, eh?)

I hope to have pics of my bike up soon. Again, this is a great site...there's a wealth of good info on here, lots of good pics and vids, and oh yeah, I see there's plenty of mindless posting battles I see on every other forum, haha! :p

Take it easy ya'll...and remember to ride safe (well, most of the time!) Man I'm starting to drool...off to bed!

Peace,
Wyldbill

H

·
0 Posts
yeah welcome to the forum.. post up some pics when you get a chance..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are some pics of my new toy (sorry they are SO big, I'm a newbie with posting pics). My 1985 honda Nighthawk 650 and 1998 M3 in the background:

You can see the tank ding in this one (new tank on the way)

other side:

Rolling:

Peace,
Wyldbill

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Welcome to the site....kiss your freetime, work time, hell all your time you're not riding goodbye :)
BTW, love that Nighthawk.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Steelgrave said:
Heh I know the feeling Wyldbill, I just bought my 05 600RR last week after a 7 year lapse...
I know...isn't it great!!! Man I will never NOT have a bike again (did I say that right?)

Dude you got an 05 black tribal...sweet bike! I've only seen them at the dealer.

I just put over 100 miles on the bike today driving down to Panama City Beach, FL to check out the last day of "Thunder Beach" with some friends. Man I'm so stoked on riding a bike again...ahhh...:p

Peace,
Wyldbill

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GA_RR said:
Welcome to the site....kiss your freetime, work time, hell all your time you're not riding goodbye :)
BTW, love that Nighthawk.
HAHA, couldn't have said it better...I hate it when I can't ride!

Thanks on the Nighthawk, it was my "get back into riding" bike. Now I just need someone to but it!

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Might want to consider getting a pirelli diablo front to match that rear instead of the dunlop!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts