Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im at school right now so ill make this short.

they are offering me 4500 for my 05 600rr, worth 5500+ around here.

they are telling me they wont pay that much because MY 600rr is NOT a model "F" like the ones i pointed out!

am i missing something or they just trying to **** me over??

ill post more detail when i get home.

thanks for the help!

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
Model F i never heard of such thing they are trying to give
the shaft model F i hate insurance companies

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
ha, ya. I meant don't get walked on... use your mental capacity so you don't get walked on. Assaulting an insurance agent (while they're on the clock in daylight) is a VERY bad idea.

Hope this works out for ya, and you def need clarity in what an "F" bike is... cuz if it stands for effing gone or far far away then you should be covered!

·
Registered
82 Posts
maybe when u got the bike insured they put it as an f4i not the rr, so you were paying lower premiums and the bike is worth less, and thus a lower payout now. insurance ppl can be idiots, thats the only explanation i can think of.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I recon the insurance company aint got no money....
Ask to see your appliction form so you can check what you wrote, or, over the internet or phone. If you did the deal over the phone demand a recording of the call.
This seems like your best bet. If they cant prove you got it wrong tell them, by recorded mail, and give them 7 days to settle or commence a claim.
Good luck
PS Youl be surprised what 4500 will buy!

·
Registered
712 Posts
well...unless you gave them a vin# to a different bike or the agent entered in a completely wrong vin# and it still managed to match a different model or the insurance company didnt enter the data correctly.

Look at the copy of your policy and verify that the vehicle information is correct.

then call the insurance company to verify what vin# they are using...could have some data mixed up.

work with your insurance agent, that's their job to help you and it may speed up the process.

also, you dont have to settle with what the insurance company says. you can have a 3rd party give you guys a number. if you guys still arent able to come to an agreement, you can take them to court.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Also, the insurance company HAS to have money to pay for all claims that are filed. if they dont, the dept of insurance would not let them operate in the state.

·
Registered
919 Posts
maybe when u got the bike insured they put it as an f4i not the rr, so you were paying lower premiums and the bike is worth less, and thus a lower payout now. insurance ppl can be idiots, thats the only explanation i can think of.
Not possible as it done by the VIN not what a person calls it, or thought it was. And what Khiemp said, only other reason is a messed up VIN which would still be hard as most states have the insurance company reporting to DMV and if a VIN is wrong DMV will find it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Also, the insurance company HAS to have money to pay for all claims that are filed. if they dont, the dept of insurance would not let them operate in the state.
yeah I agree insurance companies have to have money to pay for claims.
In exactly the same way that banks have to have money to pay their depositors.

I hear you guys over in the US are considering a $700,000, 000, 000 bail out of wall street and connected insurance compnaies..
At least the oil price is falling..

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
the only option ive come down to is the f4i or something, ill double check the vins just to make sure..

EDIT: the vins match up with the policy number, but the policy says "CBR" under the model. so i guess they think its an f4i, but what confuses me was that they said that they ran the vin number and it came back to a "F" model cbr, wdf?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts