Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of long, sorry... just trying to get frustration out.

I think we've all probably had times when we've thought we were goin down, but today was just another reminder for me to be more careful around ALL road conditions. I think Im usually pretty careful, until something like this happens...

I went to class this morning and it was nice n chilly, 45 here this morning. I was all geared up, even though class is only 2 miles away and about 4 stoplights. I usually gear up for class because with all the traffic we have you never know. So I went to class and was headed back afterwards when I was trying to head to the gas station. There were hundreds of cars going every direction (by wal-mart, of course there's hundreds of cars) and I couldn't get the freakin turn lane light green for anything. I figured with so many cars, one would HAVE to want to turn. Nope. Nothing. I waited through 2 cycles of lights and decided it was too dangerous an intersection to run it so headed up and around to another gas station about a mile away. After that I had some built up energy so rode a nice little wheelie to the next stop light (yep, squidly but no traffic around where I was at) and was close to home. Had to run the next red light because of course if nobody was going to turn at walmart where there was more traffic than rush hour, then nobody would get behind me where there's only 1 car every 10-30 seconds. So I get up to the turn to my neighborhood and it's about a 70 degree turn and it goes down a quick 10 ft before pickin back up into the neighborhood. I'm almost straight up again and there was a TINY bit of water on the road from the rainfall last weekend just runnin off the hill onto the road. Before I could blink the bike was almost laying on its right side. I think I used my big ol sidi (size 14) like a jackhammer to keep that bitch upright. All I can say is *whew* and Im glad class is over. Think Im gonna elevate my foot and do some homework.

And to think, I was only going 2 miles...

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Glad this story didn't have an ending involving ambulances, police and you in the hospital! I don't know what it is about the intersections here in Tucson, but I've yet to find one that won't turn green when I'm the only one there. Hope the foot feels better!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think Im usually pretty careful, until something like this happens...

After that I had some built up energy so rode a nice little wheelie to the next stop light
Haha naw I'm just playing, Yah stuff can happen anytime anywhere. That's why I wear my gear when I take a dump :monkey_po. Glad to hear you ok though.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
nice escape from disaster man, i just just had a similar experience. goin to school theres a little twisty road back in a residential area, the entrance to my route is a stop light where i make a left, onto a straight 1/4 mile road i usually wheelie or haul ass (some old fart lives on that road) today i swear they sprayed the road with water you can just tell lol. its in a mild lefty turn. i think ill keep it quiet from now on rollin thru there at 5-6ks with a jardine lol

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad this story didn't have an ending involving ambulances, police and you in the hospital! I don't know what it is about the intersections here in Tucson, but I've yet to find one that won't turn green when I'm the only one there. Hope the foot feels better!!!!
I know! I'm just glad I didn't have to post in crash-boom-bang

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep you have now discovered the classic reason for wearing motorcycle boots..
(other than kicking cages - jk -lol)
yep, there's no way I would want to ride without boots now. Where I grew up I had only seen guys wear boots, leathers, gloves (of course I saw helmets) etc. Heck, I had never seen anyone wear a back protector, other than a built in jacket one, until this forum.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Glad to hear you were fine; I hope the foot isn't hurting too much either. I had my own little close call today but came out fine; no where near as dramatic as yours but I was also glad to be wearing gear. Anyhow, I was making a right into the parking lot of work, nothing spectacular, just a normal easy right; however, it was a little colder this morning than it has been since I moved here (I'm no stranger to cold/wet riding - just moved from Seattle area in the NW). Well, across the entrance to the parking lot there is the hashing painted out for a cross walk and as I was coming across the turn I could feel the rear wheel slide as it caught the painted surfaces; I thought for sure I was going to low side but I just continued through the turn and was fine. I was glad I was wearing gear (just in case) and that I took off almost all of my speed other wise I'd of been on my side and maybe not as lucky as you to keep it off the ground.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Anything.........anymoment.........anytime.......I always wear my gear

·
Moto GSpizzle
7,778 Posts
This is kind of long, sorry... just trying to get frustration out.

I think we've all probably had times when we've thought we were goin down, but today was just another reminder for me to be more careful around ALL road conditions. I think Im usually pretty careful, until something like this happens...

I went to class this morning and it was nice n chilly, 45 here this morning. I was all geared up, even though class is only 2 miles away and about 4 stoplights. I usually gear up for class because with all the traffic we have you never know. So I went to class and was headed back afterwards when I was trying to head to the gas station. There were hundreds of cars going every direction (by wal-mart, of course there's hundreds of cars) and I couldn't get the freakin turn lane light green for anything. I figured with so many cars, one would HAVE to want to turn. Nope. Nothing. I waited through 2 cycles of lights and decided it was too dangerous an intersection to run it so headed up and around to another gas station about a mile away. After that I had some built up energy so rode a nice little wheelie to the next stop light (yep, squidly but no traffic around where I was at) and was close to home. Had to run the next red light because of course if nobody was going to turn at walmart where there was more traffic than rush hour, then nobody would get behind me where there's only 1 car every 10-30 seconds. So I get up to the turn to my neighborhood and it's about a 70 degree turn and it goes down a quick 10 ft before pickin back up into the neighborhood. I'm almost straight up again and there was a TINY bit of water on the road from the rainfall last weekend just runnin off the hill onto the road. Before I could blink the bike was almost laying on its right side. I think I used my big ol sidi (size 14) like a jackhammer to keep that bitch upright. All I can say is *whew* and Im glad class is over. Think Im gonna elevate my foot and do some homework.

And to think, I was only going 2 miles...
i just wanna know, what did you have for breakfast?

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,879 Posts
Dang man, comes to show you that anything can happen..at any given moment.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Close encounters of the scary kind. Good to hear you only bruised, not broken.

I feel squiddy because I have no boots or leather/armor pants or helmet.

j/k about the helmet.

I need a good pant/boot combo though.
I've read tons of reviews, too many choices

1 - 20 of 20 Posts