Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
even if this is true, are they really worth $65,000? i didn't know this website generated significant amount of profits....? :shock:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
NOOOOO!!!!

Say it aint so.

·
Registered
708 Posts
shiru said:
even if this is true, are they really worth $65,000? i didn't know this website generated significant amount of profits....? :shock:
Your worth is dependent on what someone will pay and if someone will pay 65k for them then they must be worth it.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I've been sitting here crafting a letter of approach about my motivations for this decision but first I'll address the questions on the table.

q. Is it true?
a. Yes.

q. are they really worth $65,000?
a. website worth is difficult to gauge. It's not as straight forward as the value of a brick and morter business. However; as traffic goes, some formulas would price the 4 website package on eBay well into six digits.

q. How about if you sell the website you buy me a helmet, deal?
a. no. well, maybe - I'm a pretty nice guy in person. :mrgreen:

You know that "risk to reward" math you do whenever you think about the sport? That formula is different for everyone and the breakeven point is also different for everyone. For me, the risk has been higher than the reward for the last 6 months. Over that time I've logged about 5 hours total of riding time and almost all of that on the track.

This isn't a decision I reached lightly, much deliberation and second guessing has gone into it. It's time for me to quit riding for now until sometime when the longing comes back. I'm doing one more trackday in November and then hanging up my boots. Someday I'll ride again, I've no doubt I will, but for now this is the right decision for me.

That said, I feel it's in the best interest of the boards and the members to be served by someone who can be as passionate about it as the members are. That's why I'm making this opportunity available to someone who can see the potential in the sites and cultivate what we have into something even better for everyone.

At any rate, the selling process, if an offer is tendered, would be a fostered warm handoff where I'd hope to remain as a valued member contributing what I can when I can.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Weird...well...I guess if it goes we're all gunna have to move over to Quasi's forum! Whoo hoo, no more squids!

...$65,000 for a bunch of domain names and a huge headache, that's hilarious. I don't think I'd have the patience to run one of these things...props to you Kevin

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Domain names are still hard to put a price on, even in this day and age, post dot-com bust. Who knows, someone might want the domains for the asking price. Who knows, maybe Honda themselves will buy it. :shock:

I registered my first domain about 10 years ago, consisting of 3 letters (+ .com) that were the acronym for me and my college buddy's web design "business". Two years ago I heard from a law firm in North Carolina that wanted the domain really bad. I sold it for $20,000.

You just never know.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Meddiepie954rr said:
Weird...well...I guess if it goes we're all gunna have to move over to Quasi's forum! Whoo hoo, no more squids!

Awww dude, NOW you've ruined it. There goes the neighborhood!

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Well, after JetBlast's post I hope that he gets what he wants. I mean for his own good, the website is awsome my favorite place to hangout and talk to cool people.

If it does sell, 1. Congrats jetblast, it has been great. And I hope things work out for you.

2. Hope the next guy/gal is as cool, and good at running it as you was.

Either way I understand what you are doing, and so does most of us.

If it doesn't sell, well I guess we get to keep ya forever muahaha :)

Do what is in the best interest of yourself if you don't nobody will.

We should give a big hand either way :clapping:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Well, that's a knock on the melon! WOW! I hope it doesn't sell, Unless one of the moderators buys it, it will never be the same. At any rate good luck Jetblast but at the same time I'm being selfish and praying that you don't get any buyers!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Man, I can't believe what some of you guys are saying. Hoping and praying he doesn't sell. Worst case scenario that the new orner is a prick, and we all scatter to .com or .org. Even though their site sucks. The new owners will have less people coming and the boards will be empty and it will fold upon itself.

I don't think much will change, so why not be happy that his hardwork paid off?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts